~chapter 1~ ~Ryder's POV~

Author' s note~
Hiii, this is my first story I've ever written! So, I ask for no hate, however ideas or suggestions are gladly appreciated. If we are being honest here I highly doubt that this story will go absolutely anywhere but I wanted to give it a try! Also I have no clue where I am going with this sooo, yeah.. anyway I hope you enjoy and happy reading!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hurry up Ryder or you're going to be late on your first day," yelled my mother as I rushed to grab one last thing before I started heading downstairs. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I yelled almost falling on my face as I raced down. "Come on now darling," my mother said sweetly as we exited the house. It was hard to believe that this would be the last time I would be seeing my childhood home for a while. As I got into the car all the good memories came flooding back, such as meeting my best friend Carlos. Him and I were going to be royal guards together, it has been our dreams since we were as little as I could remember. As we passed my neighborhood that I grew up in the reality of this whole thing started settling in and I held back the tears that were attempting to fall out of my eyes. My mother turned up the radio and started to sing a little. My mother has a beautiful singing voice. She sounds as if she is an angel that is seeing the beauty in everything as soon as the music turns on. My father had always tried to get her to gather up her courage and sing in pubic, and she almost did. However she hasn't done much singing ever since my dad passed away about four years ago.

I push these thoughts out of my head as we pull up to my idiotic best friend's house. Also, when I say idiot I mean idiot. In the fourth grade Carlos jumped off the roof of his house trying to fly and ended up breaking his right arm and leg. In the seventh grade he attempted to do a backflip and land on his skateboard at the skatepark to impress his crush and ended up breaking his collerbone and needing 16 stitches , which left him a nasty scar on his hairline. As I mentioned he is for sure an idiot. Carlos came running out of his house yelling something about writing back every month. He hopped in the car and my mother automatically drove off right away not even waiting for him to buckle up. "You ready Wells?" Carlos asked glancing in my direction. "As ready as I'll ever be," I said quietly. "How about you Carl?" "I am totally stoked dude, I don't think I could've handled anymore of my mom crying everytime she looked at me." As we both laughed my mother said something under her breath that only she could hear so I moved on. I ran a hand through my dark black hair as Carlos said " Hey have you heard that Princess Lilliann and Prince Devon are engaged and to be married before the end of next year?" "Nope, I did not know that, I would hate being engaged at nineteen and having to settle down right away." I stated. I mean just think of it, you get out of school only to be put into a marriage automatically and then you are next in line for the crown, it's a no thank you for me. "Same, I don't plan on settling any time soon, just me and you against the world buddy!" Carlos winked at me and started a conversation with my mom about some weird shit. I let my thoughts carry me away and out of the car into the clouds. I still couldn't believe that I was going to be a royal guard. This made me think of my dad and tears automatically started to form and I felt one slowly trickle down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away hoping that neither of them saw it because if Carlos did he would go on and on about how much of a pansy I was. I eventually came back down from the clouds and joined in on Carlos and my mother's conersation.

About and hour later we finally pull into my new home, the royal palace.~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it! First chapter done! What did you think? Rember no hate but constructive critisicm is perfectly fine, and appreciated.

What do you think happened to Ryder's dad? Also how do you think Ryder and Carlos will hold up at the palace?

Anyywayss thank you again for reading it would mean the world to me if you voted or liked my story! I will try and do at least one or maybe two chapters a week. Until next chapter....have an amazing day!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------