chapter 37

previously
"Tomorrow we can go home."

Lilliann's POV

"No no please don't." I sobbed out. "None of this had to happen but you snitched. And snitches get stitiches."

I wrangled with the ropes around me. "Stop please. It doesn't have to be like this. I'LL DO ANYTHING!" I yelled. "Just please don't hurt me." The black figure chuckled.

"Oh honey I'll do more than hurt you." My breath hitched. "Wha- what do you mean?" I stuttered. He let out an evil laugh. "I'll kill you." Out of the darkness I  saw the barrel of the gun.

I began to struggle more as tears fell down my face. "No. No. No. Please." I begged. "Don't worry. I'll make it quick." Then he pulled the trigger.

"NO!" I shouted as I sat up quickly. I was breathing heavily and my chest was tight. Sweat was running down my face and my hands held tightly onto the satin sheets of my bed.

Ryder came running in from the bathroom. "Lil what's wrong." He asked comfortingly. He pulled me into his arms and it comforted me immedietly. His arms made me feel safe.

I shook my head. "I don't know." I sniffled out. "He- he took me again a-and he just s-shot me." I looked into his grey eyes.

They pulled me in with comfort. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. I sunk into his embrace. I squeezed him tightly back. "Shh" he said. His hands ran through my hair.

Nightmares. They had been happening ever since I woke up. Except everytime something would change. One time I only heard the voice. Another a knife was thrown at me. One I was strangled to death.

Ryder had been gone whenever I would wake up gasping for air. This time however he was here. "It was just a nightmare." He said sweetly.

I knew it wasn't just a nightmare. It was like my brain was trying to get me to see or remember something. I grabbed his shirt in my hands fisting them tightly. I didn't want him to go.

"Somethings bothering you." He whispered. I stayed silent. He pulled me out at arms length. My arms fell from around him and I frantically tried to be enveloped in his touch again.

At first he resisted but then let me hold him again. I moved so I sat on his lap my legs wrapped tightly around his torso. I buried my head into the crook of his neck as my hands gripped tightly onto his shirt.

He rubbed his hands up and down my back. "What's wrong Lil?" He asked with concern. I stayed silent. "Lil-" I cut him off. "Just hold me." I pulled away to look at him. "Please..just hold me for a minute." His eyes softened at my pleading.

He nodded. I snuggled back into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. He slowly rocked us back and forth.

It was soothing. My eyes closed and I fell back into sleep.

Ryder's POV

"Please just hold me." She pleaded. Her blue eyes begged me and I gave in. I wanted to know what was wrong but I didn't want to push her. So I wrapped my arms around her tightly and tried to comfort her.

We had been home for about a week now. I was working from seven a.m to five p.m. Lilly had scheduled it to where we both got off at five so we could eat dinner and spend the night together.

I was thankful she had moved her schedule to be with me. I don't give her enough credit. Her head buried in my neck I felt her hot breath begin to slow.

Her hold on my shirt became looser. She fell asleep. I leaned over so I could lay her down but her legs were still tightly wrapped around my torso.