chapter 42 pt.1

Ryder's POV

It was Devon. The words echoed in my head. Devon kidnapped her and hurt her. But why?

I watched as she slept and I just wanted to protect her with my whole heart. To be there for her 24/7. But I couldn't.

So for now I'd just hold on to her tightly for as long as I could.

time skip~

Lilliann's POV

I walked slowly down the marble staircase. My head was killing me and I felt like I was about to pass out.

I finally made it down and stepped foot on the flat ground. A man came rushing towards me. He was a guard.

"Miss Lilliann." He said hurridly. "What?" I somwhat hissed. My headache was growing worse and the room was starting to spin.

"We have a problem." He spoke firmly. "What is wrong?" I asked. The man gulped. "Polandhassaiidtheywilldeclarewarifyoudonotagreetothecontract." He spoke quickly.

"Ok." I spoke. "Say that again with space bars." I said annoyed. I needed a drink.

He sighed. "Poland has said they will declare war if you do not agree to the contract soon." I looked at him. "What?" I seethed. "Pol-" he begab but I stopped him.

"I know what you said. Who told you this?" I asked inpatiently. "King William Miss." I nodded. That's all I needed to know.

"You are dismissed." I spoke. He slightly bowed and walked away. I groaned and rubbed my hands over my face.

My father could wait.

I walked to Miss Fields. "How can I help you dear?" She spoke sweetly. "Tylenol please." I slightly begged.

She nodded and grabbed a container. "How many?" She asked. "Actually.." I began. "Could I just take the whole bottle. I seem to have none at home and Ryder isn't feeling to great." I lied.

She nodded. "Of course." She handed me the hand sized bottle. "Bring him here if he get's worse." She said smiling. I nodded. "Thank you." And walked out.

I walked to the lounge and to the bar. I went behind the counter and grabbed a glass as well as an unopened bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine.

With my hands full I walked back to my old bedroom. Memories flooding back. Ryder almost dying. Esmay almost dying. Speaking of Esmay tomorrow is the wedding shower...yay.

I stumbled back up the stairs almost loosing my footing. My head still aching. I walked into the room. Ryder had left saying he had to go somewhere and I didn't stop him.

He probably hated me now. I didn't open up to him. I even slapped him. I still hate myself for that.

I walked into the room and went into the bathroom. I sat in the tub with the alcohol with me.

I poured the whiskey almost to the brim of the glass. I took out five pills and held them in my hand. I put then in my mouth and swallowed with the whiskey.

I downed all that I had poured in the cup. This is what I've gone to. Coping with alcohol.

Life is fun. One failed killing. A miscarriage. Watching the love of your life almost die. Kidnapped. Abused. Watching your best friend almost die.

I'm surprised I've lasted this long. Nightmares. No sleep. I'm going crazy.

I overthink and soon the bottle of whiskey is gone. The headache has subsided but the invisible pain is there.