chapter 42 pt.2

Ryder's POV

3 hours earlier.

I had to leave to work. Today we were starting new places to guard. Around town.

I was to patrol the club. I was excited but hated leaving Lilliann.

I walked down to the entrance hall where we are supposed to meet. Carlos was already there. So was the chief. Damnit.

"Mr.Wells. nice of you to finally join us." He said sarcastically. "Sorry sir. I had personal matters." I said as I stood in line.

He nodded. "Very well." He clapped his hands together. "Now. We are starting new positions. You are representing the royal palace so there will be no horse play, joking, or doing anything wrong of any sorts." He said.

time skip~

I had been patrolling for three hours when the gunshot went off. People came running out of the club.

I rushed inside. Telling people to not worry. However someone stood out to me. A girl stood over a mans body.

"Ma'am" I said. But I stopped. Why the fuck is she here.

Third Person POV

The silence was loud. The tension between the two could be cut with a knife.

Ryder looked into her eyes. Her pupils dialated and red. Lilliann stumbled backwards losing her balance and falling to the ground.

Ryder watched her as she stumbled back up. Then he looked at the man on the ground. He kneeled and placed his fingers to check his pulse. None. He was dead.

Ryder sighed and stood up. Lilliann looked at him with tears in her eyes. Ryder looked back at her.

"Ryder I-" he cut her off. "Let's go Lilliann." He said. Lilliann's heart shattered. He didn't call her Lil.

She nodded shamefully and followed him out the door. They rode back to the palace in silence.

Lilliann walked in front of Ryder to their old room. She walked in and sat down on the bed.

Ryder walked in behind her and slammed the door shut. Lilliann flinched. He locked the door.

He began pacing back and forth in front of Lilly. He stopped suddenly. "Where are they at?" He asked. Lilliann knew exactly what he was talking about but didn't want to show him.

However at that moment her body betrayed her. Her nose started bleeding. She held her hand up to her nose feeling the blood. Ryder scoffed.

She ran to the bathroom and grabbed the box of kleenexs. She walked back into the room with one to her nose.

"Where. Are. They?" Ryder seethed. Lilliann looked down and shamefully dug the small baggie from her bra.

Ryder's eyes widenend in disbelief. He yanked it from her small shaking hands. "Really Lilliann? REALLY?!?" He shouted at her.

"THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE TURNED TO?" He asked. "DRINKING AND DRUGS." He said in disbelief.

Lilliann couldn't look him in the eyes. Ryder scoffed. "Wow." He mumbled. He walked into the bathroom and saw the shattered glass and the empty wine bottle.

"Seriously Lilly." he sighed running a hand through his hair.

Ryder walked back into the room and sat down on the bed beside Lilliann.

"Why?" He asked. Lilliann was playing with her hands. She stayed silent. "Lilliann answer me or so help me-" Ryder said.

"BECAUSE I CAN'T DO IT RYDER!" she shouted. Ryder snapped his mouth shut.