Chapter 12

TW: Some parts contain gore and violence.

Previously~
"I don't deserve you. I feel like something big is happening soon." he whispered as she slept.

If only we could trust everyone.
~

Third person POV

The two woke up in each others arms to a knock on the door. Lilliann groaned as Ryder sat up and went to the door.

He opened it. The king stood there with a worried look on his face. "Ryder I need to speak to you....privatly."

Ryder looked at the girl sleeping peacefully in the bed. Her small body enveloped in blankets.

He nodded and followed the king outside the door.

This is where I switch to Devon's POV we are going back to the day he was kicked out of the castle!!!! THIS IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Devon's POV

~The day he was kicked out~

That bitch. Ryder. He got me kicked out. I was doing great. He just had to come and ruin it.

The king explained to me how I was to stay away. I wasn't going to listen. "You'll regret this." I shouted as I walked out.

Two guards held onto my arms tightly dragging me to the entrance.

Once at the gate they threw me to he ground. "Don't worry.." I said with a smirk and a cackle. "You'll see me again..." I stood up and began to walk away. "Soon, very soon." I murmered to myself.

I walked into town. Straight into the middle. I went into the small little candy shop hidden. I opened the door. A bell jingled singnalling my arrival.

"We're closed." someone grunted behind the counter. "Aww even for your favorite customer." I said with a smile. They looked up recognizing the voice immedietly. "Devon,"

It was a woman. My mother. "Hello mum" I said smiling. She ran over to me. She put her hands on my cheeks. "What happened to you dear?" I chuckled. "It's quiet a funny story actually. "Tell me all about it." We walked through a doorway that led to stairs.

There was stairs leading up to our house and a set leading downstairs to the basement.

"Come," my mother said. "The others will be so happy to see you." We walked down the stair. The basement was dark with a single lightbulb burning out. We walked to the cabinet that stood in the dark corner.

Once the cabinet opened my mother walked into it. I followed after. The cabinet was an entrance to our secret meeting place.

Once inside the room I noticed the difference in light. "Devon" someone shouted and ran towards me pulling me into a hug. "Nice to see you too Ian" I chuckled.

I was greeted by a few others and questioned by everyone. This was going to be difficult. How could I tell them that I had to be done with my mission.

"So Devon, tell us why you're here." Ian said to me. Everyone fell silent and I was the center of attention. "Well, I- um-" I cleared my throat. "I have to be done with my mission."

"Why" Ian pushed. "Well some guard noticed my weird behavior and reported it to the king. Then he found me slapping Lilliann and beat me up. Then they kicked me out." I sighed. "But I have more information." They all  perked up a bit.

"I found secret passageways in the palace. I also used a guard named Carlos and he told me the guards shifts. I also know that Lilliann is going to be busy getting prepared to be queen." I smirked.