chapter 26

previously
"So Grayson tell me about yourself."

"Well I'm not a big fan of your girlfriend over here"

oh shit.

Third Person POV

Lilliann shifted closer to Ryder. There were always a few people who hated the royal family but not many stated it straight to their face.

Ryder noticed she was uncomfortable and placed his hand on her thigh under the table. She grabbed his hand and started playing with his fingers. Ryder gave her hand a small squeeze.

She realized he was letting her know that he wouldn't let him hurt her. Ryder knew that she might have a panic attack if he didn't calm her nerves.

Ryder cleared his throat. He was glaring at the man sitting across from them. "What do you mean you don't like my fiancè" Ryder put emphasis on the word fiancè.

Lilliann smiled to herself as he said the words. She loved how he was being protective of her. The couple was staring at the man. He sat leaned back in the chair comfortably.

The man scoffed. He leaned forward and put his elbows on the table. "I mean exactly what I said." He paused looking at Ryder theb to Lilliann. "I don't like your... girlfriend." He spat.

Lilliann's heart rate began to pick up. She had been through so much lately that her anxiety attacks had gone up. She looked at Ryder to get some comfort. He looked her in the eyes. His eyes once stone cold towards the man softened when he saw her chest heaving up and down heavily.

She stared at him. He knew she was about to have a panic attack. Before Ryder could do anything the man spoke again. "Awe did I get poor miss princess upset." He said with a fake pout.

Lilliann's heart began beating faster and her throat felt like it was closing up. Ryder was about to talk when his mom came out. "Alright here we are." She said smiling as she carried out a tray with lemonade and small sandwhiches.

She set it down and smiled at Lilliann and Ryder. Ryder grabbed Lilly's hand and stood up. She stood up behind him. "We'll be right back." He began walking inside the house.

He led her upstairs and into his room. It was just as he had left it except no glass littered the floors. The countless bottles of alcohol picked up. The blood all cleaned.

He locked the door behind him. He sat Lilliann on the bed. Her breathing was heavy and her heart was pounding. Ryder cupped her face with his hands.

She was looking everywhere except his eyes. It felt like the walls were closing in. "Lilliann look at me." Ryder said softly. She didn't hear him though. She was to busy in her thoughts.

Ryder turned her face so she was finally looking directly into his grey eyes. "Look at me." He whipered. "Breath with me. In." They breathed in. "Out." They breathed out.

They kept repeating until Lilliann had calmed down. A tear fell down her cheek. She hated appearing weak in front of someone that hated her. However she was scared he would hurt her. Ryder wiped the tear that fell from her cheek.

"I'm so sorry." Lilliann whispered. She closed her eyes. Ryder's heart broke knowing that she felt sorry. He didn't though. He wanted to care after her every single day.

"No no no. Don't you dare feel sorry Lil. Look at me." She opened her eyes and stared into his silver ones. "I don't want you to feel sorry for feeling the way you feel. I would walk a million miles to get to you if I knew that I would be helping you. I would swim across the ocean just to protect you. And if I could Lilliann I swear if I could take away all the people in this shitty world like that shitty excuse of a man downstairs I would. I would do everything and anything for you Lil."