chapter 38

Lilliann's POV

Something is covering my eyes. A blindfold. Light slightly shows through the fabric. My hands are tied behind my back.

My body was aching everywhere. My body barely able to hold itself up. A pit of hunger was in my stomach.

Something blocked the little light that was showing through the fabric.

The man clicked his tongue. "Come on Lilliann." He hissed. "You remember. I know you do." I shook my head whimpering.

His harsh hands grabbed my chin and gripped it tightly. His breath fanned my face. "Yes you do Lilliann remember."

I shook my head again. "I don't remember." I spoke. He let go of my chin harshly.

"Yes, yes you do. REMEMBER LILLIANN REMEMBER!" He shouted. "I-" I began but was stopped. His hand met my cheek. It stung my face.

"REMEMBER!" He shouted. "I don't remember." I whispered. He grabbed a hold of my chair and shook it violently. "YES YOU DO!" He shouted.

"NO I DON'T!" I shouted back. He scoffed. His hands moved and wrapped around my neck. My breathing became harder to do.

"You do Lilliann." My eyes closed slowly as air was pulled from my lungs but wasn't taken in.

"REMEMBER!" He shouted again. That's all I heard before I sat up quickly.

"I DON'T REMEMBER!" I shouted. I sat up quickly tears pouring down my face. My palms were sweaty as they gripped the sheets.

Third Person POV

Ryder sat up immedietly as she shouted. He looked at the girl who seemed to be crumbling in front of him.

Her small body shaking. Her knuckles white from grabbing the sheets so tightly. Her breathing heavy.

The girl was shaking terribly. Lilliann was mumbling the words "I don't know." over and over again.

Ryder ran and turned on the lights. He ran back to the bed and sat in front of Lilliann. He grabbed the arms of the shaking girl trying to get her to stop.

She was clenching and unclenching her fists in the sheets. She was staring wide eyed at the wall. "Lilliann." He said sweetly.

The girl continued shaking. "Lil." He said a bit louder. She continued shaking. "LILIANN!" He shouted shaking her a little.

This snapped the girl out of her trance. A sob escaped her throat as she saw Ryder and the worried look on his face.

Ryder pulled her into his chest holding her tightly. Lilliann moved her hands from the sheets to grab onto Ryder's shirt.

She let out her cries into his chest. Her tears wetting his shirt. He held onto her tightly and she held onto him tightly.

Ryder rocked them back and forth slowly on the bed. After the girls breathing had evened and her shaking stopped Ryder pulled her back so he could look into her eyes.

He cupped her cheeks with his hands and wiped away the tears. "What happened Lil." He whispered. She shook her head. "Nightmare." She croaked out. Ryder nodded. Two in a row he had seen.

"I don't remember Ry." She mumbled. She looked into his eyes. "Take today off." She whispered to him. He looked at her.

All he saw were her watery eyes. Her tear stained cheeks. He remembered how less than five minutes ago she had woken up shouting and shaking the whole bed.