chapter 15

previously

It's time for the ball. Tonight was going to be a night to remember.

Ryder's POV

Lilliann had me get ready with Ryder. I hated the idea of leaving her, again, but I did it.

Carlos and I were all dressed and began to walk to the ball room. The room had a golden feel to it. Pink flowers and white roses were spread through the room. It looked royal.

I was in my guard uniform because I was technically on duty. The king informed me that if wished by Lilliann I could dance with her.

No one out of the palace knew about us and the party was being recorded for everyone. It made me nervous. I didn't know if Lilly was ready for that yet.

We walked towards the chief. "Ahhh just the two I was looking for." He stated. I nodded. "Sir, how can we help." He smiled and clasped his hands together. "Carlos you are going to watch over the back doors. As for you Ryder you will be keeping an eye on Miss Lilliann." We nodded. "The both of you have one dance you can do with someone, unless of course you Mr.Wells" he pointed to me. "Are asked by Miss Lilliann to dance." I nodded slightly.

"Ok off you go now. Remember anything slightly suspicious is reported to me or the king immedietly." We nodded and walked away.

At least I could watch her.

~Time skip~ twenty minutes later~

I stood by the stairs. By now a lot of people had gathered in the ball room. All of the ladies wearing cocktail dresses and the men wearing suits.

There were several helpers walking around with silver trays carrying small snacks. Guards were spotted here and there.

All of a sudden the pianist quit playing. Everyone turned to the stairs. "Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Lilliann Gardner."

I looked up. There she stood. Her ball gown flowing out. It looked beautiful on her. Her blonde hair in an updo and her makeup bringing out her ocean blue eyes.

I knew my jaw dropped. She locked eyes with me and smiled. She walked down the stairs as everyone was clapping. Once she got to the bottom she nodded for me to come over.

She linked her arm in mine. I smiled at her. "Now Miss Gardner has something she would like to say everybody." I wondered what about. Probably a thank you and what not.

I stood next to her as she was speaking. "Thank you everyone for coming tonight. I do very much appreciate it. When I was a little girl I had always imagined the day where I became queen and as I grew up the more it became real. So I want to thank my amazing family for being there for me. My best friends and many more. This really is a dream come true." She smiled to everyone.

"Speaking of dreams. I wanted to share something with everyone. My dreams were always to become queen. I never thought I would find love though." I was shocked. What was she saying. Her arm locked in mine squeezed tighter.

She looked at me. "As you all know Devon and I split for many reasons." She was looking at the group of people in front of her. "It wasn't a good relationship in all honesty. Then I met Ryder. He showed me love when I had none. He healed me. He made me want to give it my all. I fell in love with him."

She was looking at me with love in her eyes. I looked at her. She was telling everyone about our relationship.

"So what I wanted to say is. Ryder and I are dating. And I love him very, very much." A few gasps were heard from the crowd.

Silence. Then someone was clapping. The king. Then others joined. The whole room was filled with applause abd whistles. I loosened up hearing it. I smiled at Lilly who was already looking at me. "Now Miss Lilliann and Mr. Wells will have their first dance."