chapter 20

previously
I'm pregnant. With your baby.

Ryder's POV

"I'm pregnant with your baby." Time stopped. I froze. I was staribg into her ocean blue eyes. "What" I croaked out.

She nodded. I felt a tear fall down my face. She quickly brought her soft hands to wipe it away. "You- you. You're pregnant." I questioned.

I didn't believe it. "Yes." She whispered. She was pregnant. I was going to be a dad.

I smiled. She had a tear falling down her face. As she saw my smile she let out a little laugh. I pulled her into a tight hug.

She nestled her face into the crook of my neck. I stroked her hair. "I'm gonna be a dad." I whisprered. She nodded into my neck.

I pulled back and put my forehead against hers. "I missed you." She whipered. "I missed you more." I said back.

I cupped her face with my hands. "We're gonna be parents." I said smiling. "We're getting married." She said back.

I smiled at her. "I can't live another day without you." I whispered. She smiled. I closed the space between us and connected our lips.

The kiss this time wasn't goodbye, or hi, it was an always. I smiled into the kiss causing her to as well.

I laid back and pulled her with me. Her head was on my chest and my arms wrapped tightly around her. Everything seemed perfect. Soon sleep took me.

Lilliann's POV

He was so happy. It made me happy. I had missed him so much. As I snuggled into his chest I realized he had fallen asleep. I played with his fingers.

"Why Ry?" I whispered. "Why'd you try and leave." A tear fell down my cheek. It didn't add up. Somewhere from when he left to now he had been in pain. I would maybe have an idea if he let me in. But he didn't.

I traced my fingers up to his arm where the deep cuts had been bandaged. I kissed them gently. "I love you." I whispered and fell asleep.

Third Person POV

Ryder's mom walked into the room. She smiled as she saw Lilliann and him snuggled up. She walked towards the two. She pulled the blanket around them and kissed them both on their heads.

She already considered Lilly her daughter. She smiled as she saw her son looked peaceful. He had a small smile on his lips while he slept. Maybe dreaming about Lilly.

She took a piece of paper and wrote a note for Ryder to find whenever he woke up.

'Ryder-
I'm happy you are ok. Lilliann told me some brilliant news. She seems even more wonderful than you described. Ryder I don't know why you did what you did or why you left her. All I have to say is that you need to keep her now. You need her as much as she needs you. Don't let her go. I went hone and will be back tomorrow.

with love,
your mother."

She took a glance around the room and left.

Ryder's POV

My eyes opened as I felt Lilliann moving. As my eyes open I watch her run to the bathroom.

I hurried up and ran after her. She was puking in the toilet. "Shit Lil." I ran up to her and pulled her hair back.

I rubbed my hand up and down her back trying to soothe her. After a few minutes she stopped. She looked at me. "I'm sorry."  she whispered.

I shook my head. "No Lil. Don't you dare apoligize." My hands cupped her warm face. "I should be apoligizing for leaving you all alone."