Chapter 48

Ryder's POV

What is happening. That's all my thoughts are. I pick her up and run to the car. The driver is off but the keys are in it.

I lay her in the back and buckle her up the best I can. I turn the car on quickly and pull out of the driveway.

I run my hands through my hair. I driving faster than I should be but I'm being careful. I look in the back and see she's still unconcious.

What happened?

I call the hospital and tell them what happened. Nia is coming since she helped us earlier. I refrain from calling my mom or Esmay.

People are already waiting outside when we arrive. They help me put her onto a stretcher. "Mr.Wells she needs to go for an MRI you need to stay here." I look at the man quickly. "No I'm coming with her until she needs to go into surgery." He nods hesitantly sensing my distress.

I follow the man into the room watching Lilliann. He is looking at the screen as I watch her through the camera.

"Oh my god." I hear Nia mumble. I didn't realize she had gotten here. "What!?" I ask.

Nia gulps as she looks at me. Then she looks back at the doctor and whispers something. He nods and runs out of the room.

"Nia. What's wrong?" I growl. She looks at me. "There are a few different things Mr. Wells." I nod as I looked at her.

"First off." She sighs. "Lilliann is in labour." Labour. Did I just hear her correctly. "B- but."

"Yes the results said she wasn't pregnant but it was incorrect. There is another thing though." She pauses. "The tumor has grown double the size now and she needs immediate surgery as well as a c-section if we want to save the baby." I nod just trying to process it all.

"How old is the baby?" I question. "About 4 months. The tumor kept her malnourished and she wasn't showing."

"Her?" I ask. She nods. "I-..What are her chances of surviving?" She hesitates. "It's hard to tell." She answers. I just nod.

"Can I watch the surgery?" She nods. "Only if you want to." I nod automatically. She guides me to the viewing booth.

I sit and watch as they quickly prep Lilliann for surgery. A tear falls down my face. A girl.

I watch as they begin to cut open her stomach. They cover it up from there on but it pains me to watch them dig around in her.

And then I see it. A small child the size of a grapefruit being lifted and checked on by doctors. There is no wailing like in the movies. It's deadly silent. My dad instincts kick in and I walked to the window.

A doctor is performing cpr as another is attaching wires to her. I turn the radio on so I can hear what they are saying. "She has a pulse we need to get her to intesive care NICU stat." They run off with my baby girl.

Before I know it people are rushing around. "She's losing to much blood from the c-section. We need to close her up or she dies." My heart stop. I bang on the window. "Save her!" I shout but I know they don't hear me pounding or yelling.

I walk out of the booth that seems to be closing in. I walk to the church and I do the only thing I know I can do correctly. Pray.

I pray for Lilliann my savior and our baby girl who is a surprise and a miracle all at the same time. I pray that our babg is strong like her mother and can survive. I won't tell Lilliann until I know she is stable and progressing. I don't know if she can handle knowing she lost another baby.