chapter 31

previously
"Hello Lilliann, long time no see." The girl passed out seeing the face.

Devon.

Third Person POV

"Well she's out." The other boy said as he stared down at the girl laying on the floor.

Her blonde hair fell out on the floor. Her eyes closed. Her breathing slow. A small pool of her blood on the floor.

"We need to move her before someone comes." Devon spoke as he stood up from his crouched position.

The other boy nodded. He sat her up against the wall and tied her wrists up with rope. She couldn't wriggle her way out. Next he tied rope tightly around her ankles.

"I'll take her. You clean up this mess." Devon spoke. The other boy nodded. Devon picked Lilliann up and threw her over his shoulder.

Devon began walking down the hallway. Lilliann flopping back and forth over his shoulder.

While Lilliann was being carried away many things filled the thoughts of another boy. Mr. Ryder Wells.

Ryder paced back and forth in their bedroom. Three whole hours. She had read his message three hours ago. After she had texted.him saying she needed him.

Ryder had left over fifty messages, over eighty calls, and ten voice mails. None of them read or answered. She had disappeared.

Ryder had called Esmay and Carlos. Now he was trying her father. Ryder waited as the phone rang. On the third ring someone picked it up.

Ryder's POV

"Hello who is this, and how may I help you." Ryder cleared his throat. "Hi my name is Ryder Wells. I was hoping to talk to King William." Ryder picked at his nails. An old habit from his anxiety. Lilliann had always calmed him but now she was no where.

"Ok and may I ask why you are needing to speak to him?" The girl asked sweetly.  "It's about Lilliann. His daughter and my fiancè." I put emphasis on the last word.

I can tell she was somwhat surprised. "O-Oh of course Mr.Wells. I will put him on."

"Thank you." I said sarcastically.

I waited for about five minutes. At the point he picked up I was aggrivated.

"Ryder." He said sounded just as aggitated as me. "Hi sir how is everything." I asked trying to be nice.

"Well it was fine until you called. What is it?" He sounded more than agitated. He sounded like a grumpy old man. "Have you seen Lilliann at all?"

I decided to cut to the chase. "Yes I saw her about three hours ago. Why do you ask?" Three hours ago is when I got the last text from her.

"Was she okay? Did she seem upset? Have you seen her since then?" The questions tumbled out. My mind was working faster than my mouth.

"Ryder stop." He said sternly over the phone. I shut my mouth. "She is fine. I'm sure she is just out shopping in town or i  a meeting. She is a busy girl. She has duties and does them..unlike some." He said.

He basically just told me to go work. "For your information sir.. today is my day off. Also excuse me for being worried about my fiancè who is in another country at the moment." Anger and stress was all I felt as I spoke the words.

It never came up in my mind that I was talking to the King. My soon to be father in law.  "Thank you so much for your help. Honestly. It is greatly appreciated." I hung up.

Something was wrong. Not just with Lilliann being gone but with the King as well. I sighed and fell back on the bed. I pulled up my contacts and called Esmay.