chapter 16

previously

"We've been scammed Ian." The files were fake. They were fucked.

Lilliann and Ryder were in love they wanted to stay in that moment forever. Just the two of them. They were finally happy for one second.

But happy never lasts forever.

Ryder's POV

I woke up ths next morning around eight. I felt the warmth of the girl next to me. I smiled.

The sun was hitting her face perfectly making it seem like she was glowing. Her hair loosly around her face. Her arms wrapped around my torso.

She was a sight for sore eyes. "I don't like being stared at." She said quietly. She opened one eye to look at me. I just chuckled and hugged her tighter.

"Well maybe you shouldn't look so pretty while you sleep." She giggled and nestled her head into the crook of my neck.

My hand found its way to play with her blonde locks. I loved the feeling of her warm breath on my skin. It sent shivers down my spine.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." She whispered. I sighed. "Me too darling, me too." I kissed her forehead. Soon we seemed to fall back into sleep.

Lilliann's POV

I woke up. My head was pounding slightly. I groaned into Ryder's chest. He immedietly woke up. "What's wrong love." He asked so sweetly. I could tell how much he cared for me based off the sound of his words.

"I may or may not have a slight hangover." He laughed quietly. I pnched him in the chest. "Not funny." He stopped and looked at me with a wide grin. "You're right. I'm sorry."

I just flopped my head back down on his chest. He hugged me tighter. "I need tylenol." I stated as I sat up. As I did my head was spinning and the urge to puke became sudden.

I ran into the bathroom Ryder right behind. He held my hair up for me. His hand rubbed up and down my back. "Ughh" I mumbled. He just sat there comforting me.

"You really need to keep a better eye on me." I said turning to him. He just laughed. I stood up and washed my mouth and brushed my teeth.

I got dressed in a simple black dress with white flats. I walked to the door as Ryder followed.

"Do you have to go?" He groaned pulling me towards him by my waist. I giggled. The butterflies swimming in my stomach. "Yes, Ry. You seem to forget I'm becoming queen soon."

He rolled his eyes. He leaned down putting his forehead on mine. "You already are my queen." I smiled. He really knew how to sweet talk me.

I gave him a gentle kiss and didn't allow him to deepen it. If he did I knew I would stay. "Alright I will be back before dinner. So be ready to head down when I get here." He nodded with a sad look.

I just giggled and pecked him on the cheek. I turned to the door. "Before dinner keep that in mind." I smiled at him. He just nodded. "Ok love you, bye." I opened the door. "Love you too." I heard him say before I walked away.

I headed to the hospital wing first. "Miss Gardner how lovely to see you. What can I help you with." I smiled. "Just some tylenol Miss Fields." She smiled and walked away.

She returned about three minutes later with tylenol and a glass of water. "Here you are dear." I smiled and thanked her as I walked out.

Next I need to stop by my office. I had to get some paperwork done before I met with my father and the king of Aldovia.

As I was walking up the stairs it felt like the air changed. Instead of light and airy it felt thick.

I walked to the oak door and grabbed my key to unlock it. As I was grabbing them they dropped onto the floor. Butterfingers. I leaned down to pick then up. As I was standing up fron retrieving the keys I held onto the handle. I figured it would stay since it was locked.

To my surprise the handle opened and I fell into the door way. I landed with a thud and an "ouch". As I was gettibg up I looked in the room. It was a mess. Papers strewn across the room. Books along the ground. Drawer after drawer opened. Glass everywhere.

The only thing that seemed untouched was the painting I made of the garden. However what Ryder hadn't seen that night was that we were sitting together very far in the back.

I smiled. At least my second favorite thing was safe. The first being Ryder. I sighed and looked around again. I walked out locking the door. I went into my room.

Ryder was surprised to see me. He sat up from sitting on the bed. He was lacing his boots for the day. "Lil, what happend are you ok." He asked worried as he ran to me.

I hadn't realized a tear fell down my cheek. I shook my head no. He wrapped his loving arms around me. "What happened." He whispered.

"Someone broke into my office." I said quietly. He nodded. He grabbed my hand and led me out the door. We walked to the oak door once again.

I unlocked it. He looked at the mess and I saw him gasp. "I was coming to do paperwork and the door was unlocked. I walked in on it like this." He just nodded. He grabbed me and hugged me.

~time skip~ four hours later~ 4:00 p.m

Ryder had helped me clean up the office after we told my father. It was all weird because none of the windows were broken and the lock hadn't been broke. There were no fingerprints left behind or anything.

None of the guards had been up here they were all at the party. This had been clearly set up. The only thibg missing I found was the fake financial files I had made. I made then incase something like this did happen. Now I'm glad I did.

After we cleaned I had the meeting. We talked about the alliance between Aldovia and England. Since I would be taking over I had to know what the rules were etc.

I left the meeting at about four thirty. I walked into Ryder and I's room. I walked over to the bed and flopped on it. Ryder wasn't in the room. Once it was quiet I heard the water in the bathroom running.

I smiled. Then I sat up. I walked to the bathroom and opened the door quietly. I undressed and walked in the shower. I wrapped my arms around his torso. He tensed and then relaxed when he realized it was me.

He turned. "Home early I see." I nodded smiling. His abs were clearly defined and water trickled down. His hair was messily over his face. "My eyes are up her darling." He whispered.

I blushed and he just laughed a little. Ryder began putting shampoo in my hair being gentle. We got out and dressed.

He was wearing his guards uniform. I put on a longer black dress that was flowy. I also put on some black high heels. Ryder held out his arm and I wrapped mine around his.

We walked downstairs laughing. As we entered the dining room my family's eyes looked at us.

We walked over. I nodded. "Mother, Father." They nodded back smiling. "Lovely to see you again." Ryder said. I smiled. He really would make a great King.

We sat down next to each other. We spent dinner talking. My parents clearly loved him and my brother enjoyed him too. We left saying goodnight and walked to our room.

We flopped back onto the bed and I fell right asleep.

Third Person POV

The two slept in each others arms. The world seemed perfect. Life was grand. Their love was great. Maybe it would be perfect after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Shorter chapter but I wasn't feeling it today.

Hope you enjoyed please vote and comment suggestions. :)

-ashlyn