Chapter Two- Guy's night out

~~Marco's point of view~~

My divorce is final today. Maverick and the guys figured they would take me out to celebrate. I'll pretend to drink, but I'm not getting shit faced. I have to be the responsible one. I know Maverick. With the girls, the twins, and a newborn baby, he needs a night out. I'm going more for him.

Every Friday, we go out just for a couple of drinks and go home. Tonight is different; they want to party.

Most of the guys coming tonight need this night. I offered to pay for a ride for everyone; these guys need to let loose and have fun, I need to keep my sanity.

We get to Maverick's house first.

Rhys/Maverick: "How's it feel, old man?"

Marco: "It doesn't feel like I thought it would."

Rhys/Maverick: "She made her choice."

Marco: "She did."

I've had time to process it. I've had time to realize that we just married way too young. The only woman I've been with was my ex-wife. 

Marco: "How are you, Joshua?"

Joshua: "Good. You?"

Marco: "Good. When was the last time you slept?"

Joshua: "Nine weeks ago."

Marco: "Lillian will be sleeping through the night soon."

Joshua: "I hope so."

Every guy coming out tonight except Rusty is a new dad. This is the first time they've been out since. Maverick has had children. He just doesn't go out. Anissa, his oldest, just turned seventeen. Angel is fifteen months; the twins are three months, and his stepson Alexander Maverick is six weeks. 

Joshua is Maverick's brother-in-law; he lives with him, so do his baby and her mom, Caroline.

Next, we pick up Marcus. We discovered that he lives in the same neighborhoods as we do.

Marcus: "Hey, y'all."

Joshua: "Hey, man. How's it going for you?"

Marcus: "Stressful. Megan's great. Her parents are a whole other story."

Marco: "They aren't keeping you from Turner; are they?"

Marcus: "No. They let me see my son. I do what I'm supposed to do. Her dad feels the need to tell me I'm worthless every chance he gets."

Rhys/Maverick: "Why are her parents involved?"

Marcus: "She moved back home when they moved back."

Joshua: "She makes decent money; why did she do that?"

Marcus: "Her mom watches Turner while we work. She thought it would be easier than moving him constantly."

Marco: "That makes it hard."

Rhys/Maverick: "Not everyone is you, dad."

Marco: "No. I hate it for all of you. You guys shouldn't have to deal with this because of the carelessness of an incompetent employee."