Chapter Ten- Words are said

~~Marcus's point of view~~

It's Sunday. Things have been going really well. The four of us are close. I never thought that my life would turn out like this. It has, and I don't want anything different.

Ryder has me thinking about having babies with Brooklyn. We're growing, but Brooklyn is still apprehensive. I don't blame her. The more I think about it, the more I realize how much I really did play mind games with her. I think over the time that we've spent together. Before and after she started working for me, we were close. Like oddly close. I had several of my employees ask me Friday why I waited so long to wear my ring.

My family all found out. Rocky accidentally let it slip. I'm not mad about it. My parents are over the moon, happy. My mom flipped out when she found out I didn't make her sign a prenup. It's my life, my money, and my company. I'll do what I want.

I've been awake. I'm just lying in my bed. I hate to say it, but I'm a tad bit jealous of Megan and Ryder. They went from nothing to something unbreakable. I know that he hasn't told her that he loves her yet. I also understand why.

I hear a tap on my door. I know that it's Brooklyn.

Marcus: "Come in."

She's been coming in every morning to shower.

She comes in. Instead of going to the closet like she has every morning. She came to my bed, slides under my covers, and lays her head on my chest.

Brooklyn: "Good morning."

Marcus: "Good morning."

I crave any time she gives me.

Marcus: "What did I do to deserve this cuddle session this morning?"

Brooklyn: "I woke up wanting to be with you."

Marcus: "You know that you can sleep in here with me."

Brooklyn: "I know."

I kiss the top of her head. I've gone from not wanting anything to do with her to deeply in love with her. I don't know why I can't bring myself to tell her.

Brooklyn: "Your Mom called me."

Marcus: "When?"

Brooklyn: "This morning."

Marcus: "What did she want?"

Brooklyn: "You and Ryder at a family dinner tonight."

That's the last thing I want to do.

Brooklyn: "Dad and Marielle are going."

Damn. Now I have to go.

Marcus: "What time?"

Brooklyn: "Five."

Marcus: "Did you tell Ryder?"

Brooklyn: "She said she called Megan."

My mom would go to our significant others. She knows if she calls us, it's not happening.

Marcus: "Are you prepared for all of my siblings?"

Brooklyn: "It's not the first time Marcus. We've done this a lot."

We have. It's things like this that make me feel like shit. I created a life with her and didn't even know it.