Chapter Two- Engagement Party

~~Beth's Point of view~~

We've been back from the beach for a while now. I had a blast, don't get me wrong. I've had these babies since they were born. So, I didn't quite like the way the nannies handled them. I chose to stay close to the house. I wasn't leaving them behind with them. Especially Angel. That little girl owns my heart. They all do, but she was the first. She has a special place. However, I'm utterly exhausted.

I swear I'm destined to be an old maid. Granted, I'm only twenty-four, but I never leave the house like ever. Joshua did manage to get me out for the day with him. He's a really, really, great guy. I can't with Joshua for more reasons than one.

Things have shifted a bit, and it's gotten easier. Brooklyn works with Marcus now. LeClere stays home with me, which is fantastic. Since we've been back, it's been easier but not perfect.

Rhys/Maverick: "Hey, can we talk?"

Beth: "Sure."

I follow him down the hall to his office; LeClere and Chase are there; I hope he isn't firing me. It would suck to be fired by your own big brother.

Rhys/Maverick: "Beth, we've all made a decision that's going to impact you."

Great.

LeClere: "Alexander is now three months old. I don't think it's fair to make Chase wait anymore. He needs his life too. We've altered our agreement with Alexander."

Rhys/Maverick: "Tonight, after dad's party, you'll be going home with Chase and Alexander."

LeClere: "You'll alternate weeks between here and Chase's."

Wow. I know what I signed up for but really.

I don't say anything. I know what they expect.

Beth: "Ok."

Chase: "If I didn't work, I wouldn't need you. I don't want him with anyone else."

Truthfully, I don't either.

Beth: "Ok."

It's not like I don't know Chase. I know him. I've spent time with him. He just isn't at the top of my list.

I wish it were Joshua. He and I get along great.

Rhys/Maverick: "Do you have any questions?"

Beth: "Who's going to help LeClere on the weeks I'm gone?"

Rhys/Maverick: "Brystol."

Beth: "But she's in school."

Rhys/Maverick: "We know. Dad and Marielle are going to come down during the day."

Someone knocks on the door.

Rhys/Maverick: "Come in."

Brooklyn comes in.

Brooklyn: "Hey. Sorry to interrupt. I thought I should tell you Dad volunteered me to move in with Marcus."

LeClere: "You're Kidding."

Brooklyn: "No. Apparently, he works from home a lot. That's why Marielle lived there."

Rhys/Maverick: "Are you ok with that?"