Chapter Eleven- Heading home

~~Beth's point of view~~

We've been on the plane home for a few hours. My nerves are shot. Reality hit as soon as we got on the plane. Things change when we get home.

My brother employs me; I live in HIS home. I can't leave him hanging; My family is going to flip out, Chase is worried about my Dad. I'm worried about Maverick.

I married my brother's best friend.

I married my nephew's father.

The thing that bothers me most is the kids. Angel all the way to Alexander. I love all five of them. It would break my heart to leave them permanently.

I don't even know if he wants me with him. We didn't think past Hawaii.

I haven't said a word. I'm afraid if I do anything I say will come out wrong. I have no control over what comes out of my mouth.

Chase: "Look at me, Bethany."

His voice breaks my thoughts. I turn to look at him. He brings both hands to my face and wipes tears I didn't even know we're falling.

Chase: "I need you to talk to me."

Beth: "I don't think we thought this through far enough."

Chase: "What do you mean?"

Beth: "We live in two different homes. Forty minutes away from each other."

Chase: "I see."

Beth: "Every other week, I'm not in your home hell; I don't even know if you want me to live with you."

Chase: "Are you being serious?"

Beth: "Yes."

Chase: "I guess I assumed that you'd move in with me."

Beth: "I didn't want to assume, but even that causes a problem."

Chase: "How?"

Beth: "The babies."

Chase: "Shit, Beth, I didn't think about them."

Beth: "That's my actual job, Chase. I don't do it for free. Rhys actually pays me for it."

Chase: "I never knew that."

Beth: "It's not only that."

Chase: "Please tell me it's not Joshua."

Beth: "Joshua? No. I love you, Chase. We're married. I should and do want to be with you..."

Chase: "But?"

Beth: "Having to leave the babies breaks my heart. I've been the one constant in their lives. Walking away from them would devastate me and all five of them."

Nothing else is said; it's silence; we get to the first layover.

Corinna: "I need to talk to you two before we get home."

Chase: "What's up, Mom?"

Corinna: "What day did you two get married?"

So, she did notice.

Chase: "The day we went to Soulmate."

Beth: "Soulmate?"