Chapter Six- Feelings overload

~~Beth's point of view~~

Thankfully, it's Friday evening. I get to go home tomorrow. This week hasn't been bad. Just very uncomfortable for both Chase and me. He would go to work, come home, eat, and take care of Alexander. The only time either of us spoke was because of him.

The times I am with Chase is Saturday from six pm to the next Saturday at six pm.

I just have to make it twenty-six more hours.

I really liked spending time with Corinna. I wanted her to be able to spend time with Alexander. After Chase went to work Monday, I called Maverick. He still had Jeremey's number, and it was still valid. Jeremy gave me Tilly's number, who gave me Corinna's.

I absolutely love her. She understands That we are not together. She's been coming over while Chase is at work. She's an exceptional grandmother.

Chase knows. It was related to Alexander, so I told him as soon as he came home Monday.

I threw on old clothes this morning.

As far as I know, we aren't going anywhere or doing anything. Chase will be home in an hour, so I had already started dinner. It will be ready as soon as he gets home.

Joshua had called earlier while Corinna was there. He couldn't wait to talk to me anymore, so he called while he was out alone.

The door opens, and Chase comes in.

It's early for him.

I don't say anything. I don't know what to say.

Alexander was in his swing.

Chase doesn't say anything either.

He puts his stuff on the stand right inside the door. He goes to his room and comes back out in different clothes.

I can't help but check him out. I'm crazy about his tattoos.

I know he saw me, and I don't care.

Chase: "How was the visit with my mom?"

Beth: "It was great."

This is how it's been.

He surprises me by sitting next to me. I know what comes next; his hand goes to my leg.

I want so bad to push him away, but I can't.

I also want to straddle him and stick my tongue down his throat.

Chase: "Beth..."

The doorbell rings.

Chase: "Fuck."

He gets up to answer it. Through the door, we can see Tilly.

Chantilly: "Hey."

Chase: "Hey. What's up?"

Chantilly: "I came to see my nephew."

Chase: "Of course, you did."

Chantilly: "Did I interrupt something?"

Chase: "No."

I take myself to my room.

I feel Chase's eyes on me.

As soon as I sit on the bed, I call Joshua.

~~Phone call~~

Joshua: "Hello?"