Chapter Two- The Engagement Party

~~Brooklyn's point of view~~

I've been working for Marcus for almost a year; I've known him for two years; he's like Jekyll and Hyde. He's Hyde at home and Jekyll at work or anything to do with work.

I've gotten used to it. I don't let it bother me. We get along; that's all that matters.

He agreed to leave the office a little early today. Tonight is my Dad's engagement party. He proposed to Marielle, but she didn't want to get married until after their baby was born. Her parents insisted that they have an engagement party.

I haven't told Marcus, but I've been seeing Randall Kurtlin. He is a business associate of Marcus.

Marcus loves doing business with Randall. Marcus does not like him as a person. He thinks Randall is a womanizer.

Randall has been nothing but sweet with me. I love spending time with him. His accent drives me insane.

I love this house. It's in the same neighborhood as my Dad and brother, but the house is completely different. 

I'm in my bedroom getting ready

I double-check myself in the Mirror.

Perfect. 

I'm not old enough to drink, and I'm not driving, so I don't bring anything with me

I make my way downstairs.

Marcus: "Damn, Brooklyn."

Brooklyn: "What?"

Marcus: "It's an engagement party, not a club."

Brooklyn: "I know that."

My Dad is marrying Marcus's little sister.

Marcus likes to think he has control over me.

He does at work. This is home and personal.

Brooklyn: "You look good, Marcus."