Chapter Eight- Big Fucking Mess

~The next morning~

~Rhys's point of view~

We haven't had much sleep. Between the nurses and Angel, we got bits and pieces. The nurse did come in and get Angel for a few tests. At that point, we to two full hours of sleep. Dr. Drakes wakes us up.

Dr. Drakes: "Morning. How are you feeling this morning?"

Anissa: "Sore. Very sore. I think it's Normal, though."

She checks Anissa out. Right as she finishes, they bring the Angel back in. 

LeClere: "Awe, where did the blanket come from?"

Nurse: "Marcus and Marielle Hamilton. They gave it to us and asked us to deliver her to you guys with that and the headband."

Anissa: "Marielle for sure."

LeClere: "Right."

Anissa: "May I hold her?"

LeClere: "Absolutely."

Clere nor I will never tell her she can't hold her own child.

The door opens. I thought it would be Chase instead.........

Rhys: "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Angie: "The girls called me. They told me that you not only have one child but two. I had to see it for myself."

Rhys: "You're not welcome here, Angie."

Angie: "I'm still your mother."

Rhys: "Not in my world."

Dr. Drakes: "Ok, so, Anissa, everything is going great. You're healthy. The baby is healthy. I'll start preparing your discharge paperwork. After that is complete, we will do the car seat check then you can go."

I look at LeClere. It's been five days since we found out that she was full term. We were trying to adjust to that. We should have been preparing.

Anissa: "Ok."

The door opens, and Chase comes in.

Chase: "Morning, y'all. I brought you guys something that you may need."

LeClere: "Awe, where did the blanket come from?"

Nurse: "Marcus and Marielle Hamilton. They gave it to us and asked us to deliver her to you guys with that and the headband.