Chapter Four- Changes

~~Anissa~~

~~Past~~

We've barely had any sleep. No one ever says that they get to sleep when in the hospital. I know that Rhys and LeClere are tired too. I had just fallen asleep when Dr. Drakes came in.

Dr. Drakes: "Morning. How are you feeling?"

Anissa: "Sore. Very sore. I think it's normal, though."

She checks me out. As soon as she finishes, they bring Angel back in. It's amazing how much I love her; I didn't think that I would or could; I do, though.

LeClere: "Aww. Where did the blanket come from?"

She explains that Marcus and Marielle sent it; I love Marielle; I know that she's behind it.

Anissa: "Marielle for sure."

LeClere: "Right."

I feel the urgent need to hold her.

Anissa: "May I hold her?"

LeClere: "Absolutely."

The nurse hands her to me. I kiss her forehead.

Anissa: "I love you, little one."

The door opens. I thought it would be Chase, but it was a woman I had never seen before.

Rhys: "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Apparently, Rhys knows her. I don't say anything; I just listen. She says the girls called her. Rhys seems highly upset that she's here.

She's his mother. She's also a bitch. I do not like her and don't want to be around her. Dr. Drakes hasn't left and is clearly uncomfortable.

Dr. Drakes: "Ok, so, Anissa, everything is going great. You're healthy. The baby is healthy; I'll start preparing your discharge paperwork. After that is complete, we will do the car seat check then you can go."

Holy crap. We have nothing for a baby at home. The stuff here is mostly toys and clothes. I catch a look between Rhys and LeClere. I know that they are stressed.

The opens again.

This time Chase comes in.

Chase: "Morning, y'all. I brought you guys something that you may need."

He holds up a car seat.

Rhys: "You don't know how much that means right now."

Chase: "I do, actually."

I laugh. I love that Chase is cocky in certain situations.

He grabs a bag from the seat and hands it to me.

Chase: "Beth said to give this to you.

Rhys: "When did you see my sister?"

Rhys jumped on that quickly. I get the feeling he doesn't want his best friend with his sister.

Chase explains how he ran into Beth. I feel uncomfortable because I have Angel, and his mom is staring a hole through me.

Rhys and her exchange words. She says something very inappropriate about Clere and Marco. I was surprised when Clere lost it on her.