Chapter Eight- We can try

~~Brooklyn's point of view ~~

Nina stayed all day; She left around six; she asked random questions throughout the day. We all answered honestly. Marcus and I never got to talk. I also know that he wanted to talk to Ryder.

Yesterday was weird. Something changed. I know all of us felt it. I'm not saying anything about it. This is how it's supposed to be.

Megan and Ryder have both left for work. I have to shower in Marcus's room. That's where all my clothes are.

I knock.

Marcus: "Come in, Brooklyn."

I open the door. He's standing there in black jeans he had just put his shirt on. I feel the wetness between my legs.

Brooklyn: "I need to shower."

Turner was in his playpen.

Marcus: "Ok."

I go to his closet to get my clothes.

I chose a romper. It's the third of August in Tennessee. It's freaking hot.

I come out of the closet and run into Marcus

I look up at him, and his mouth meets mine. I need more from him; I push my tongue into his mouth; Turner cries, breaking the kiss.

He goes to pick him up.

Marcus: "We need to talk, Brooklyn."

Brooklyn: "Ok."

I sit on the bed.

He sits next to me.

Brooklyn: "What's up?"

Marcus: "We've been married almost three days and haven't had a chance to talk at all."

Brooklyn: "I know."

I want to know why he kissed me, but I'm not going to ask.

Marcus: "Chase suggested that we do this today."

Brooklyn: "I'm not complaining."

Marcus: "I know. Brooklyn, I know that things have been uncomfortable and weird. I promised your dad when I talked to him that I would put effort into this and try to make it work. I do want to try, but I don't know how to act around you. You've been very quiet and different since we got married. The balls yesterday were the most you've spoken to me."

Brooklyn: "If you don't know how to act, how do you think I feel?"

Marcus: "I know that this is different. I enjoyed our time yesterday. When I kissed you, it was because I wanted to. It wasn't just for Nina."