Chapter Three- It's her

~~Beth's point of view~~

I wake up to Alexander crying through his monitor. I get up and head to his room. Chase already had him.

Chase: "You could have stayed in bed."

Beth: "He's the reason I'm here."

Chase: "It's three am."

Beth: "This is normal for him."

Chase: "For him?"

Beth: "Yes. There are three others. Angel sleeps through the night, but Aiden, Ava Grace, Lillian, and Alexander all have different times. Alexander is my three am."

LeClere does her part, don't get me wrong. We alternate nights. It gets the best of both of us.

Chase: "Do you ever sleep?"

Beth: "I do. While you change him, I'll go get his bottle."

Chase: "Ok."

He's in shorts with no shirt. It's the first time I've seen him like that. He's got an impressive body, and his tattoos are sexy.

I got to the kitchen and got Alexander's bottle. I head back to the nursery. I don't think Chase ever went to sleep. I hand him the bottle.

Beth: "Have you been to sleep at all?"

Chase: "No."

Beth: "Why?"

Chase: "I discovered something last night. It's been on my mind."

Beth: "Oh. Do you want to talk about it?"

Chase: "Not really. I'm still trying to sort it out myself."

Beth: "I'm available to listen if you want to talk. I am yours for the next seven days."

Foot in mouth again.

He laughs.

Chase: "You are brutally honest, aren't you?"

Beth: "I can't help it. What comes to my head comes out of my mouth."

Chase: "That's not necessarily a bad thing."

Beth: "Inserting my foot in my mouth is never a good thing."

Chase: "Is that with everyone or just with me?"

Beth: "Don't feel special; it happens with everyone."

Chase: "Why are you a homebody?"

Beth: "I don't see the point in going out and partying. It's not who I am."

Chase: "Who are you, Beth?"

Beth: "What do you mean?"

Chase: "We're going to be spending a lot of time together. Tell me things I don't know."

There's not anything to tell.

Beth: "What you see is what you get. There's nothing about me that people don't know."

Chase: "I've known you for over a year now. I learned quickly last night that there is more to you than you allow people to see."