23 | malivore

Now hidden away in a motel, Landon and Seylah were seated on the bed while Ruby paced around nervously

Now hidden away in a motel, Landon and Seylah were seated on the bed while Ruby paced around nervously. "If you won't tell me who they are, will you at least tell me why they are following you?" Landon asked Seylah. "They weren't, until you showed up. So, maybe they're following you!" Seylah replied. "I'm not stupid I would have noticed if I was being followed."

The pair continue talking but Ruby tuned out for a little bit, but tuned back in once Seylah asked this question. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Ruby and Landon froze, before sharing an unsure glance. Seylah laughed, "She's got you both, huh?" She asked as both of their faces slightly redden.

Before they could say anything, there was a knock at the door. Seylah glanced at the empty bathroom, before looking back at the kids. "Bathroom, now." She ordered them.

Ruby and Landon reluctantly obeyed. Once closed inside the bathroom, Ruby began to open the window inside the bathroom, preparing for their escape before she heard a certain voice.

Hope's voice.

Ruby really liked Hope, as much as she wouldn't admit it to Landon, she'd been thinking about the Mikealson a lot since leaving the Salvatore school. Ruby hoped something could happen between the pair... that they could eventually become something more.

Landon and Ruby exited the bathroom, Hope and Alaric both looked relieved once they saw the pair unharmed. Hope and Ruby exchanged smiles, as Ruby felt relieved to see the girl again.

Moments later, Alaric and Seylah were talking. Hope sat beside Ruby and Landon, as the trio were on the side of one of the other beds.

"So you're the headmaster of a private school for supernaturals... and you're the teacher's pet?" Seylah asked. "Actually, she's kind of a pain in my ass." Alaric chuckled. "A little judgy for an absentee mother." Hope frowned at Seylah.

"Well, now you know about us. All we know about you is that you gave birth to Landon, he says a monster attacked you, and now there's some sort of fake gas company coming after you two. So, I think it's time you start filling in some blanks." Alaric demanded.

Seylah sighed, before she began to explain herself. "When I finished my service in the army, I was recruited by an intelligence organization. The States sounded like a better life. I didn't know what I was signing up for, but soon I learned that things like you exist in this world. My job was very much like yours. To keep the supernatural world a secret. Whenever a monster went bump in the night and risked exposing the truth, I tracked it down and brought it back to headquarters."

"We're not monsters." Hope interjected quickly as Seylah looks at the tribrid, "You are to me." Hope and Ruby both frowned at this statement.