31 | a tale of two wolves

Ruby sat comfortably on the couch between to Rafael and Landon, as they were conversing with MG

Ruby sat comfortably on the couch between to Rafael and Landon, as they were conversing with MG. "Wait, let me get this straight... You died and turned into a vampire and your Dad just ghosted you?" Landon asked in shock as MG nodded, "Pretty much... I hear from my Mum all the time, she just says like, he's busy. Um either way, we don't talk."

"Well maybe you should!" Landon blurted out, as the Waithe twins gave him a confused look for how passionate he was about this. "Or maybe some things are better left unsaid, right Ruby?" Rafael asked, as Ruby nodded. "Yeah I agree." She said, feeling like MG could have his heart broken if he tried to reconnect with his Dad.

"Sure but I mean... the whole point of having a family is so you can be an actual family. Talk about stuff." Landon trailed off. The trio stayed quiet, expecting the Kirby to continue. "Look, what I'm trying to say is, if you want answers... I hope you get them. Because I would do anything to avoid another round of Faction Feud."

Ruby bit her lip, before leaning her head on Rafael's shoulder. "I agree Faction Feud is ass... but something tells me that Landon has come up with a... not so great idea." She confessed as Rafael laughed before he agreed.

❤︎

It was the night of a full moon... Ruby's first full moon. Ruby sat inside the transition cellar, breathing quickly as anxiety was consuming her. "Ruby.. hey, breathe." Hope reminded her as she sat next to her.

"The pain is so— AAH." Ruby screamed as her arm bent unnaturally and her elbow ached in excruciating pain. "Hope!! I— I can't do this!" The Waithe cried out.

Watching the girl she really liked in so much pain made her heart ache. "Hey, come with me." The tribrid insisted, helping the pinkette to her feet as she lead her outside.

"What are we doing?" Ruby asked her girlfriend. "It's a lot nicer to transition outside, under the moonlight. As a wolf you'll feel much more free." Hope explained before Ruby cried out in pain again, as her ankle twisted. "Aah!"

"Ruby, listen to me. Right now you need to try and move your concentration away from the pain. Focus on the air in your lungs and the ground you're standing on." The tribrid trailed off as Ruby painfully nodded. "The first transformation could take hours, if you fight it."

"Hours?!"

Ruby frowned, "I don't think I could deal with this pain for hours.." The Waithe admitted, gritting her teeth as her leg snapped. "The first transformation is the worst, it does get easier after that." Hope assured her.

"Maybe this is what I deserve... for killing Titus.." Ruby decided as Hope frowned at her girlfriend, "Ruby, you are not a killer." She reminded the girl. "But I am! I killed somebody." Ruby argued back.