41 | lesbian romeo and juliet sacrifices

Darkness

Darkness. That was all that surrounded Monica. She felt like she'd been walking for years, through the dark... trying to find someone, anyone.

"Hello? A voice called out as Monica recognised it and turned around, as her eyes landed on Hope and Clarke. "Hey." The blonde greeted as she walked over to Hope as she was still strutting confidently in her heels, even in a hell dimension.

"I didn't expect a hell dimension to feel so..." Monica trailed off. "Dark? Lonely?" Hope tried to finish her sentence though Monica shook her head before she added, "Peaceful."

Hope looked surprised by this answer. "I mean after a while it would be horrible but for the first time in a long time my head doesn't feel so... noisy."

Suddenly a bright light shone, as Monica and Hope began to float. "Okay what the fuck-" The Montgomery blurted out before she grabbed onto Hope's arm. They floated towards the black hole above but it suddenly closed and dropped them, as Clarke had grabbed onto Hope's leg.

"What the hell are you doing?" Monica snapped at Clarke who responded with, "Saving your life, obviously." To which the girls both frowned. "No. We're supposed to be in peace, okay! You are not peace! Infact you're the opposite of peace!" Hope complained, feeling just as annoyed as Monica was.

"Should I point out that all of your romantic heroics were for nada? Your lesbian Romeo and Juliet sacrifices were for nothing? That the big bad lives to see another day and all of your friends have forgotten you ever existed?" Clarke said to the pair.

Monica felt uneasy before she admitted, "This place no longer feels peaceful.." As Hope groaned at Clarke, "Can you stop talking?!" Clarke just shrugged before he said sarcastically, "If I were you guys, I'd make peace with that."

Hope rolled her eye she before looked to Monica, who had already started to walk away. The tribrid left Clarke to keep up with the vampire.

"Hope! Wait! I can help you!" Clarke suggested before he rushed to keep up with the girls. They both turned to look at him, "Really? Because I don't see how the fuck you will be of any use to us." Monica hissed.

Clarke ignored her tone and said, "I've spent years inside of this place, and while you canonballing into the belly of Malivore didn't seem to destroy him, it has changed things. So stop being dicks to me and maybe I'll elaborate."

Monica and Hope shared a glance before they looked back to the boy. "We're partially listening."

"Every creature consumed by my father used to exist here in total isolation, but here we are, talking to each other." Clarke began to explain. "Your presence here has somehow opened the cell doors. If it can do that, maybe there's a way for us to escape. So what do you say? Partners?"