45 | since when do you speak japanese?

Monica and Hope walked through the hallway of Mystic falls high, although they stopped upon hearing an announcement

Monica and Hope walked through the hallway of Mystic falls high, although they stopped upon hearing an announcement. "Monica Monroe and Hope Marshall to the principal's office." The two girls shared a glance before Hope ordered, "Let's go."

They entered the office, with Hope closing the door behind them. Monica crossed her arms before she said, "PA system? It's a little dramatic, don't you think?"

"Not as dramatic as the message Landon left me, saying he had something urgent to discuss. Anything you want to share?" Alaric asked them. "Only that I'm pretty sure the monsters are after him this time." Hope said as Alaric frowned, "And you didn't think that that's something I should know?!" He growled in response. "More like she was afraid of what you were gonna say after that." Monica piped up as Hope frowned at her.

"Hope, Monica. You both need to go back to the Salvatore School. Not for your sake— For theirs. Maybe Landon isn't that important to you guys. But if Malivore wants him, we need to want him more." The headmaster insisted as the girls shared a worried glance. "Look, I will take care of it, but from a distance." He added but they didn't look anymore relaxed.

Alaric eyed the duo, curiously. "Okay, what am I missing here, Hope? Monica? Hmm? You told me the truth, and everything worked out fine." He said. "Not the whole truth." Monica admitted awkwardly, wishing they weren't about to have this conversation. "Hmm?"

"It's not Landon I'm bothered about." Hope began. "Ruby and I we were in love. Like, real love. Epic love, if that even exists." Hope began to explain as she hated the vulnerable feeling she felt as she talked about this. "I can assure you it does." Alaric nodded in agreement.

"Now she's with Maya, and they don't know what we were to each other. And I'm just afraid that if I tell them, she's gonna hate me forever... or I'm gonna hate myself because I made us all miserable. So I can't tell them. Not yet." Hope decided. Monica opened her mouth to speak, as Alaric turned to her. "Uh. Would now be the right time to tell you that I was dating Lizzie?" She asked as Alaric blinked in surprise as he processed this.

"Sorry to interrupt." The door was open now with Sheriff Mac standing in the doorway. "No, it's okay. We were just leaving." Monica decided before Hope added, "I will see you at the pep rally."

"See you there."

❤︎

"I'm sorry." Josie finally came out with it, as she stood in front of Ruby, at the Old Mill. Ruby just looked at Josie, as she spoke. "I just... I really like Jordan... and I'm worried that another pretty girl might take his attention..." She admitted, realising that it sounded quite sad.