55 | this christmas was surprisingly violent

Jordan and Hope watched as Clarke continuously ate

Jordan and Hope watched as Clarke continuously ate. "Wow, you really are the son of a bottomless pit." Hope noted. "Thanks." Clarke simply answered.

Once Clarke faced Jordan, the boy said "Quit stalling." Before Hope added, "Tell me what I'm looking for before I run out of goodwill towards mud men— and there are unpleasant consequences."

"Mm. My best guess? The Krampus." Clarke answered as Hope and Jordan shared a confused glance. "What the hell is a Krampus?" They both asked, in unison. "Well, it's the monster that brought all this snow and ice to town. And think of it as the anti-Santa. Santa Claus rewards good boys and girls, right? Well, the Krampus does the opposite. It seeks out hatred and anger instead of peace and joy." Clarke explained to them.

"We're literally surrounded by peace and joy." Hope remarked, as Clarke threw a slip of paper into the fire, watching it burn into ash, as it contained his Christmas wish. "Not for long." He decided.

Jordan frowned, "What did you just do?!" He demanded as Clarke chuckled before he looked to Hope, "You should be proud of me, Hope. I took a page out of your playbook. I found another loophole."

❤︎

"Cloustrum." Jordan waved his hand, spelling the room shut as Hope shoved Clarke into it. "You're spelled inside this room." She said. "Now, what exactly did you wish for?"

"You'll find out soon enough... Because as you can attest, I've been a very bad boy this year." Clarke spoke before he grunted in pain as Hope used a spell on him.

"Unpleasant consequences, remember? Now what did you wish—" Hope was cut off as Clarke responded, "A saviour!"

Clarke sucked in a sharp breath as Hope eased the magic on him. "You guys want to protect Landon, right? Well, don't worry. The Krampus is coming to rescue me instead of going after him. And it'll kill anyone dumb enough to get in its way." Clarke cleared up.

"Not if we're ready for it." Jordan insisted as his crossed his arms. "By we, do you mean the school full of idiot kids drunk on Christmas cheer? Or the grown men running around actually drunk, believing that Santa Claus is real?" Clarke asked before he added, "Good luck dampening their spirits and getting them to listen to you."

Hope deadpanned the boy before she turned on her heels to leave, but not before she declared, "You leave that to me."

❤︎

"Can I have everyone's attention?" Hope called out, as everyone continued to chatter. "I need everyone's attention." Jordan yelled out, causing the chatter to finally stop. "There you go Hope." The Montgomery smirked. Hope cleared her throat before she announced, "I have bad news. A Krampus is headed our way!"