17 | goodbye satan

The set of scales were still floating magically in the air as Hope, Rafael, and Monica stared at Josie, waiting for her to make a decision

The set of scales were still floating magically in the air as Hope, Rafael, and Monica stared at Josie, waiting for her to make a decision. "Josie, please." Rafael pleaded desperately.

"Since Landon walked through those doors, my sister, my father, and I have almost died. We don't really know what Landon is, so we can't really say if we know if he's dangerous or not..." Josie trailed off. Hope and Monica seemed to know where her argument was going. Rafael opened his mouth as though he wanted to interject, forcing Josie to beat him to the punch.

Josie looked to Rafael, "Raf, this isn't about who is friends with who or who you like. This school is family, and I'm not putting my family in danger again." She decided before she put her stone into the Landon goes dish.

Furiously, Rafael stood to his feet and violently threw his chair behind him. Monica vamp-speed to her feet and gave him a surprised look as Hope tried to verbally talk him down. "Raf!"

Monica approached Rafael angrily now, not at all helping to calm him down as her face was only inches away from Rafael's, and for a moment, it looked as though the two were about to get into a brawl. "You need to fucking stop." The blonde ordered, as Rafael's eyes blazed with rage as he looked back and forth between Hope, Monica and Josie, making it clear that he felt betrayed by them.

The Waithe took a step back from Monica, shaking his heard before he laughed darkly. "You know what? I'm done with y'all." Rafael decided before he exited through the sliding doors, leaving a guilty-looking Hope and Josie with Monica, who seemed satisfied that the vote went this way, as she had her arms crossed.

❤︎

Ruby looked at her twin in shock, as Rafael had just broke the news to her. She looked sadly at the boy, "What are we going to do?" She asked, feeling helpless. "I.. I don't know." Rafael admitted, disappointedly.

Ruby's eyes drifted away from her brother as she thought about this... for the first time in years they were going to be separated again, and it really hurt. "Rafi.. you need to stay here." Ruby confessed, looking back up to her brother who nodded weakly, "I know.."

Rafael cleared his throat before his eyes darted up to his twin, "Ruby.." He began. "Yeah Rafi?" The pinkette asked. "I want you to go with Landon." Rafael insisted as Ruby frowned, "But Rafi, I can't leave you." She assured him as Rafael nodded in response. "I'll be fine.. but please, at least until Landon is safe." The boy pleaded with his twin. Ruby looked down at her fidgeting hands. She hated that she was being forced to choose between her brothers.

"Okay." She decided, before looking up to her brother, "But you need to keep me updated, so I know you're safe too." Ruby insisted as Rafael smiled weakly, before he lifted his arm and playfully punched Ruby in the shoulder, "Of course, Ru."