52 | mora miserium

Jordan sighed as he faced his mother

Jordan sighed as he faced his mother. "I think I did something wrong... I used this spell on Ruby and now she's acting really weird." He admitted. "How so?" Cynthia asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Well there's these two mysterious girls, that none of us really know... and suddenly, out of nowhere she is so familiar with them and I don't understand??" He admitted as he sounded confused.

"What are the names of these girls?" Cynthia asked, as she wondered what Jordan knew them as. "Hope Marshall and Monica Monroe..."

Cynthia shook her head, "Their names are Hope Mikealson and Monica Montgomery. Monica is your sister... and Hope is Ruby's girlfriend." She began to explain as Jordan seemed very confused. "What?" He blurted out, as he didn't understand how his mother knew this.

"They jumped into the Malivore pit, to try and defeat it... but now everybody, including us have forgotten about them." Cynthia continued as Jordan frowned, "How do you know about their real identities then?" He asked. "Long story short, Monica told me everything." Cynthia admitted as Jordan nodded as he processed this all.

"Jordy, what spell did you use on Ruby?" Cynthia then asked. Jordan sighed hesitantly as he pulled a slip of paper out from his pocket before he slid it to the Monroe. She opened it, as it read, "Harae-tamai Kioku Yomigaerashi-tamae"

"This is a spell that could have returned Ruby's memories of Monica and Hope... but this magic is dark, Jordan." The Luna witch insisted, as she eyed her son with caution. Jordan nodded, "I know... but what if I could bring back everybody's memories?" He admitted. "You could end up seriously hurt... you shouldn't be doing this kind of magic." Cynthia reminded the Montgomery.

Jordan stood up now, "I have done this before Mum, I can control it. I need to bring back everyones memories." He decided, seeming firm on the idea. Cynthia stood up, as she realised that she wouldn't be able to stop him. "Then let me help you."

❤︎

Lizzie, Monica and Hope all continued to take steps back, as the truth monster continued to walk towards them.

"Well. We are fucking screwed. It was nice knowing you—" Monica was cut off as Lizzie huffed at her girlfriend, "No!"

"Uh, it feeds on secrets, right?" Hope asked, nervously. "So let me have it. All of it." Monica shook her head, "I'd definitely prefer to die with dignity." She crossed her arms. Lizzie nodded agreeably, as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Okay, fine, I'll start. Um I stole Lizzie's jade butterfly clip in fifth grade." Hope began as Lizzie let out a loud gasp before she responded, "I loved that clip!"