69 | milkshake dates

It had been three days since Ruby had left her dorm room

It had been three days since Ruby had left her dorm room. Three days.

Hope had spent most of the three days with her, and brought her blood, coffee and just overall spent time staying with her, but hadn't managed to get her to leave the dorm.

Monica decided to give it a go, and suddenly burst into their shared room, with two mugs of coffee in her hands. Ruby groaned, at the light that shone into the dorm room. "Good morning, I brought you coffee." The Montgomery chirped, handing the Waithe a mug. "Thanks, Mon." Ruby said as she took the cup, before she sat up.

Monica took a seat beside Ruby, and leant her back against the bedhead. "How are you feeling?" Monica asked, facing her best friend with an empathetic look. Ruby faced the blonde, "Empty." She replied, holding her hands around the mug. Something the Waithe wasn't getting used to was constantly feeling cold.

Monica nodded, "That's understandable... you guys have been together your... entire lives." She sighed, before placing her hand on top of Ruby's knee. "If there's anything I can do.." She trailed off as Ruby nodded, "Thank you.. but you have been great. So has Hope. I'm really grateful for you both." The Waithe spoke genuinely.

"Oh yeah.. we're going to the Grill, in half an hour." Monica added as she got off of the bed once she finished drinking her coffee. "What?" Ruby blurted out, "I don't need to eat food anymore, remember?" She reminded the Montgomery. Monica giggled and nodded before she smiled, "But the Grill has awesome milkshakes, remember?"

❤︎

Monica held out a strawberry milkshake while Ruby held up her cookies and creme milkshake, before they clinked their glasses together.

They then sipped their milkshakes, before Monica held out a poster, "Have you heard about this?" She asked. Ruby shook her head, before she studied the poster, which read "Salvatore: The musical."

"Yeah.. are you in it?" Ruby asked as Monica nodded, "I'm playing a girl named Lexi Branson." She said, with a smile. "Would you be interested in participating?" The Montgomery then asked, though Ruby shook her head, "No I don't think so."

Monica nodded and decided not to push the issue, though she knew that Landon had put aside a part for Ruby.

Soon the best friends were back at the school, and Landon seemed happy to see that Ruby was out and about. "Have you heard about the play?" He asked chipperly, as Ruby nodded. "Monica told me about it." She answered.

"Well.. I was wondering if you were wanting to play a part in the show." The Kirby boy suggested as Ruby shrugged, "I'm not really interested.." She admitted as Landon seemed a little disappointed.