63 | the kids aren't alright

Jordan, Hope and the pig entered a lodge, as the pig let them inside

Jordan, Hope and the pig entered a lodge, as the pig let them inside. "That's strange. He's always home." The pig said, as Jordan and Hope looked around inside the lodge. "Hello! Mr Huntsman! I brought a couple of nosy friends!"

With no answer Jordan approached the fireplace, as he noticed a stew cooking. "He must be nearby." The witch stated, as Hope and the pig looked to the pot of stew.

The door to the lodge suddenly burst open, as the wolf stood in the doorway. Jordan, Hope and the pigs eyes widened, as the pig scrambled to hide behind the pair of witches. "Little witch, little witch. Let me in."

Jordan and Hope were thrown against different walls of the lodge, before they slid to the ground. "No!" Jordan shrieked, as the wolf entered the lodge and ate the pig alive right in front of them. Hope gasped in shock as she covered her mouth.

"The pig was an asshole.. but he didn't deserve that." Jordan said, getting back to his feet. Hope used magic causing an axe to fly across the room, slicing right into the wolf. Jordan's face paled as the now dead wolf, fell to the ground.

A hand suddenly emerged from the stomach of the wolf, as Jordan and Hope watched in shock. "What the fuck—" The Montgomery blurted out. They then became more surprised, as the hand belonged to Josie. The Saltzman crawled out of the body, panting as she faced the witches.

"Jo!" Jordan realised as a look of relief washed over his face, before he rushed forward to pull the girl in for a hug. Josie threw her arms around Jordan as she hugged him tightly. "Jordy.." She managed to say as she buried her head into his shoulder. The Saltzman couldn't believe she was seeing her friends again. Jordan and Josie broke apart, and quickly Josie and Hope hugged.

Josie then faced Jordan, "Jordy.. I'm so sorry for the things I've said... and the way I've been acting. I never wanted to hurt you." The Saltzman said, as she looked guilty. Jordan's expression softened, "Josie, I forgive you— of course I do. You haven't been you, for a while and.." Jordan found his words were caught in his throat, but Josie could tell instantly that he was about to blame himself for this. "This isn't your fault, I made decisions that led to this, without you." Josie insisted.

"I have to ask. Where's the pig?" Hope then asked. Josie scratched the back of her head, "I uh.. was the pig." She confessed. Jordan blinked in surprise, "You were.. the pig? You were saying some really sexist and horrible things." He confessed. Josie sighed, "I know, I know. I just didn't want you two to suspect that it was me because I need you guys to leave."

Jordan shook his head, "We're not leaving you, Jo." He assured her. "I don't want either of you to get hurt." Josie replied. "Josie—" Josie shook her head as she looked at Hope now. "No. You don't understand. I can't have anyone else get hurt because of me!" She decided.

Before anyone could say anything else, noises could be heard from behind them... from the supposed dead wolf. Smoke formed around it, and the wolf turned into Dark Josie, who was smiling menacingly at the trio.

"I love that you thought that this would be that simple." Dark Josie spoke, as Josie blurted out, "Oh my god."

Jordan grabbed onto Hope and Josie's hands before he said, "Invisique." Causing them all to turn invisible to Dark Josie, giving them time to flee the lodge. "We need to find a way to defeat her."

❤︎

Monica couldn't contain the scream that ripped through her throat, as she watched Ruby's lifeless body fall to the ground, followed by Landon's.

The vampire sped over to Rafael and shoved him, as his whitened pupils turned back to their usual brown colour. Looking into her rage filled eyes, Rafael's eyes widened.

"How could you!? You killed your own sister!!" Monica spat, tears stinging her eyes. Rafael looked down, his eyes landing on Ruby, then Landon. "No... no.. this wasn't me!" Rafael blurted out, before looking down at the blood stained golden arrow in his hand.

"Oh my god.." Rafael managed to say, before tears ran down his face. "I... I killed them.. the two people that mean absolutely everything to me—" He choked out.

Monica turned away, her eyes looking down at Ruby as an overwhelming feeling of despair filled her. "Ruby was good.. she didn't deserve this." Monica said, in almost a whisper. "She's... she's my best friend. My sister. I.. I can't lose her.." She added, before the vampire fell to her knees, as cherished memories of Ruby flood her mind.

Monica had lost Ruby before, and even then she wasn't sure she'd ever recover... But losing Ruby forever... it was going to absolutely destroy her.

Monica bent down and cradled the small pinkette in her arms, as her tears fell onto the Waithe's face. "I love you so much Ruby... please... please come back to me—" The blonde cried out before breaking down, as she held Ruby tightly.

❤︎

Upon defeating Dark Josie, Jordan's eyes fluttered open. He didn't waste anytime, as he got to his feet and rushed out of his dorm to find Josie.

Eventually finding the Saltzman, he practically rushed into her arms. "Jordy!" She blurted out as she hugged him back tightly. "You did it!" Jordan said as he pulled away from the Gemini witch. "I knew you could do it! You're incredible, Josie." He smiled proudly, as Josie smiled back.

"Cmon, let's go see if Hope's awake." Jordan insisted, as Josie reached out and took his hand with her own. The Luna witch and Gemini witch entered Alaric's office, where they found Hope still unconscious.

Jordan reached out to touch her forehead, which was still warm. "I don't get it... why hasn't she woken up?" Josie asked, thinking aloud. Jordan shook his head, "I... I have no idea!" He said as he seemed to grow worried.

The door to Alaric's office swung open, and was followed by sound of loud heels hitting the ground. Jordan and Josie span around, to find a miserable looking Rafael, holding a lifeless Landon. "Where's Dr Saltzman?" Rafael asked the witches.

Jordan and Josie's eyes then averted to Monica, who followed in behind Rafael. Her eyes were red and puffy, as she held a lifeless Ruby in her arms. The blonde was sniffling and trembling, as she held the dead werewolf tightly.

Jordan's eyes widened as his face turned white as he raced over to Rafael and Monica, inspecting the bodies of his friends that they held in their arms. "No... no no..." He shook his head in disbelief, as he looked continuously from Landon to Ruby.

"What happened to them!?" A teary eyed Josie asked in almost a whisper, as she approached the group, standing in the doorway. "They're dead." Monica managed to choke out. Josie and Jordan's eyes widened again, before Rafael finally said in a heartbroken voice, "I killed them."