39 | there's always a loophole

"A blood fountain? Gross

"A blood fountain? Gross." Hope blurted out as Monica screwed up her face. "It's even grosser in person. Trust me. I was looking for a way to shut it off, but I couldn't figure out how." MG admitted to the group. "All right, I'll go find the secret tunnel, I guess." Hope decided. "Thanks, We get our magic back, we'll have the upper hand."

Lizzie piped up, "And then I can siphon the sludge out of Josie, not that she'll appreciate it." To which Josie groaned, "Great, then I'll just be shot."

"See? the new you is so snarky."

Hope sighed before she looked to MG, "Okay, I'm gonna be back as soon as I can. " before looking to her girlfriend, "Please keep these two from trying to kill or die for each other." She said, referring to the Saltzman girls.

"You need to go help Landon." MG declared, "We don't need you to be here."

Hope frowned, "But I can't leave you guys here." Lizzie then huffed at the tribid, "For the love of Frodo, go rescue the Hobbit. We'll muddle through." She insisted. "She's right again. He needs you." Josie said, as she looked to Hope.

"And you won't be alone." Ruby decclared, before she linked her arm through the tribrids as Monica stood proudly on the other side of Hope. "We've been watching you save the day this entire school year, Hope. We got it. Now go save Landon, the three of you." MG ordered the trio. "Go. If you go soft on us now, I'm just gonna hurl Maligoo." Josie insisted, causing Ruby to awkwardly laugh.

Jordan walked over to the trio, "Do you want me to come?" He asked them as Monica shook her head. "Keep an eye on Josie, kay?" She ordered as the boy nodded, before he looked back to the Saltzman, clearly worried about her. He glanced back at the trio, "Be careful." He pleaded.

Lizzie then approached Monica quickly, and cupped her cheek as the pair shared a kiss. "Get back to me in one piece." The siphoner ordered a moment later as Monica nodded, "I'll try." She grinned, leaning her forehead against Lizzie's momentarily.

Further down into the school, Hope, Ruby and Monica stopped as they saw the blood fountain. Ruby felt her stomach flip at the sight of it. "I don't suppose you come with an instruction manual." Hope trailed off, as she examined it.

"I told you to wait for me."

The trio turned around to see Alaric. Monica just grinned before saying, "In a shocking turn of events, we ignored you." She stated the obvious as Alaric sighed, "Yeah, about that..."

"Save the speech. Okay? I've paid the price." Hope huffed at her headmaster. "I see that. What happened to your arm?" He asked as Ruby looked worried by this question and went to examine the her girlfriends sleeve. "That Triad guy shot at us with Malivore mud. He must have gotten me, too. I-I didn't even feel it. Because it doesn't affect me." She admitted in realisation. "Wait, who else got shot?"