XIV

"A small amount of laugher exits my lips as Draco places a soft kiss onto my forehead."
———————
Draco
———————
~walking up stairs~

I know what I did broke her.

She trusted me with her body... and if I didn't stop her she would've trusted me with her heart.

I couldn't- let her give me the most valuable thing she has to offer me.

I couldn't take it away knowing someone else deserved it.

I knew what she was about to say as soon as I felt the world stop spinning. It was just me and her, together. I knew how she felt because I felt the same way.

My heart ached when I walked away but I knew it had to be done.

She was too good for me.

I wanted to be with her more than anything... Stay there and let her say the words as I would say them back... as a man would.

But I wasn't a man. I was a coward.

I wanted to drown in her... I wanted to be utterly consumed by her laughs, her cries, her body, beauty, and her soul.

I feel like I'm in heaven when I'm with her. I feel free and that I can tell her anything. But I couldn't bring myself to trust her.

I knew at the bottom of my heart I should.

But I didn't.

She was too pure for me to ruin. She was too put together for me to break. She was too valuable for me to steal. And she was well too found to be lost in me.

The way her eyes sought for comfort around me made me break inside knowing I couldn't be there for her forever. She wanted the love and affection that I knew I couldn't give.

I hadn't to anyone.

Why her?

I felt my body weaken while walking up the stairs to my heart pounding in my chest. My head nonstop spinning the world felt like it was falling on top of me.

And there was nothing I could do to stop it because the only thing that could stop it...

Was in the kitchen...in pain... and I was the cause.

———————
Dianna
———————
~in the kitchen~

I was nothing but at all speechless.

I closed my eyes regaining my posture and kept it together.

I had to stop.

I had to stop letting Draco ruin me one by one. I had to stop letting him break down my walls inch by inch. I had to stop him from making me feel like screaming so loud I wished I was dead.

If there's one thing Helen taught me is that... no woman needs a boy to be happy.

Julius would come by and smile, saying "All she needs is a lot of money and some mimosas."