Chapter 25

Chapter 25 🦋

Keith 🦋

I can't believe I said that....is it too late to take it back?

I watched as Amara slept peacefully. She deserved it after giving birth to my baby girl earlier today.

The thing is I do love her but I just don't think I am ready to commit myself to her fully. I think this baby is enough of a commitment. We're bonded together for the next eighteen years now.

When you're in the moment and you're really happy you just say anything really. I don't want to lead her on so I think I'm gonna tell her soon. That's after we leave the hospital and get settled in as parents first. Now that she's not pregnant things will be different and maybe eventually she could get her own place.

I heard some cooing coming from where our baby girl, Mara, was sleeping. So far you can't really tell who she looks like. She just looks like a glob of cuteness at the moment.

"Look who's up before mommy," I said leaning over the little bed and playing with her fingers.

She instantly let out a little squeal lighting up my face.

Right now in this moment she's the most perfect little girl in my eyes. I just know any dude that tries to step to her when she's older is gonna have to come through me cause I am not playing about this one right here.

I picked her up in my arms and started rocking her back and forth.

"I can already tell right now that you are gonna have me wrapped around your finger. I'm gonna give you everything your heart desires," I whispered to her before kissing her little fingers.

I watched her closely as she smiled and made the little gurgling noises with her mouth.

"She loves you a lot," I heard Amara say from behind me.

"And daddy loves her too," I said in my baby voice kissing her cheek.

Out of nowhere she started crying and I instantly started panicking. I have never dealt with a baby when they were crying like this. Especially my own.

"I think you want mommy now," I said turning around to hand her to Amara. Amara gave me a look that said, "Nigga really." I just shrugged my shoulders.

I placed baby Kamara In her arms and she proved what I said. As soon as she laid in Amara's arms she got quiet and started staring up at her.

"Hi, I'm your mommy," Amara whispered.

"She already knows that goofy," I mumbled with a smile on my face.

Amara rolled her eyes, "Just to remind her."

"So you know you get to leave tomorrow right?" I asked her giving her a look.

She nodded her head with a smile on her face, "Yeah, then we can be a real family."

I scrunched up my face uneasily before grabbing my ringing phone and leaving the room to answer it.

It's an unknown number. Usually I don't answer them but at this moment I need an out so without a second thought I answered it.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Is that how you answer the phone to your baby mother?" a female's voice ranged through the phone.

I scrunched up my face.

"Baby mother? Last time I checked my only baby mother is sitting in the next room over," I replied back to the person.

The voice sounds slightly familiar but I can't seem to put a name on her.

"Well now you have two," I heard her reply back instantly making me walk further away from the room.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I yelled into the phone making a couple of nurses stop walking and turn towards me.

"I just gave birth to a baby boy and he's yours," She replied back.

I damn near dropped my phone. "Who is this?" I asked.

"This is Stacy," she said instantly made me freeze up. I only slept with her once and I could have sworn I used a condom so this can't be real.

"Nah, not possible. I used a condom when I fucked you," I reminded her.

"You know condoms can get holes in them...by accident or maybe on purpose I don't remember but I just gave birth to your child. His name is Keith Tyree Powers II. He was born 8 pounds and 6 ounces," She told me.

I began shaking my head uncontrollably.

"I'm not believing shit until I see a DNA test saying he's mine," I barked into the phone hanging up afterwards.

This can't be happening. I can't have two kids. It's already crazy enough that I'm a father of one but a father of two at my age is nuts! What am I gonna tell my parents? What am I gonna tell Amara?

I couldn't even go back into the room after that phone call so I just took a walk to cool off.

***

Amara🦋

"Did you see Keith out there?" I asked Destiny as she walked into the room with Tamir lugging behind her.

"Nah, he's not out there." she shrugged her shoulders.

Just like him to disappear after I have given birth to our child.

Kamara started making little noises with her lips making me smile.

"I know daddy done ran off on us," I said kissing her little cheek.

"Aww let me see her little face," Destiny cooed coming up beside me and taking her hand.

"Y'all really parents for real," Tamir said with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Yeah it's a surreal feeling. One minute it's just us now there's us and a baby," I said chuckling a little big.

Everything is gonna change now. I have to think of her first in every situation. She has to come first always. I just hope that I can do right by her.

"I can't believe it because you two use to hate each other. Literally use to always complain to me on the phone about how he's such a hoe, he ugly, blah blah blah. Funny how life works," Destiny said shaking her head.

"Yeah there's a lesson in that..hate can be a cover for love," I told her making her eyes pop out of her head.

"Love..?" She said with a goofy grin on her face.

"Yes we're in love. He said he loved me after I gave birth to the baby," I cheesed.

Tamir busted out laughing making Destiny smack the back of his head.

"Shut up, you know she young," Destiny said making me roll my eyes.

She's only older than me by a couple of months.

"What y'all don't believe me?" I asked them dead serious.

"You? I totally believe you but him...that's another story. I know y'all have a kid now and whatnot but he doesn't have a good track record of being in any serious relationship let alone loving someone," Destiny told me.

She has a point but I'm not gonna let her know that.

"Well maybe I'm the one,"

"Or maybe you're delusional."

____________________________________

Keith in the MM 😍

Dropped a couple of bombshells but I am back!

Let me know what you think.

Comment below

Vote please

follow also

xoxo - Msfanfictional👑