Chapter 24

Chapter 24🦋

Keith🦋

"I don't think I'm ready," I said putting my hands over my eyes.

I could feel her staring at me before I busted out laughing, "I'm just playing with you girl."

She slapped my arm a little too hard making me Yelp.

"I was about to say how the hell are you not ready and I'm the one in pain," Amara grumbled before groaning.

"You're almost dilated." The doctor said making me start freaking out.

"What if the baby doesn't like me?" I asked shaking my head.

I think my worst fear is being a bad father to my child. This isn't how I pictured bringing a baby into this world. I already messed up so what's to say I won't mess up raising this child.

I felt Amara's hand on my leg as she pulled me closer to her by my pant's leg. She then reached over and grabbed my hand.

"Keith, im just as scared as you are but I know at the end of the day as long as this baby is loved & cherished then things are gonna be alright. Do you love this baby?" She questioned me.

I gave her a look raising my eyebrows a bit.

"With everything in me," I replied back.

"And that's all the baby will ever need to know," she replied.

I squeezed her hand before planting a kiss on the back of it.

"I know I'm always cracking jokes on you but I really do love and appreciate you. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you've been for the past nine months and I wanna thank you for having my baby," I told her making her smile.

"You're lucky though because I wouldn't just be having anybody's baby," she said making a face and making me laugh .

After a few more minutes of us laughing and reminiscing on the past it was finally time for her to push.

"Let's get it," I said as I clutched Amara's hand.

You'd think I would be the one pushing with how nervous I am.

I just know imma love this baby with everything in me.

The doctors prepared for her to push but as soon as they said she can push whenever that's when she started to look nervous.

"You got this, I'm right here with you. You got this," I kissed the back of her hand before kissing her forehead.

She nodded before she start pushing. I watched as she groaned and whimpered as she pushed repeatedly.

"Make sure you stop and breathe when you need to," I told her as I took a wet towel and wiped off her forehead with it.

"This hurts so bad...I dont't think I can take it," she muttered.

"Well I think you got this. Keep pushing," I encouraged her then she started pushing again.

"You're almost there," the doctor told her.

I would look at her when she pushed but I'm nervous at what I might see down there. I probably would end up passing out.

She practically squeezed my hand off as she pushed one last time. After what felt like a minute of silence the room was filled with tiny little cries.

"It's a girl!" The doctor announced.

I instantly looked at Amara and I don't know what came over me but I gave her the biggest kiss on the lips.

She worked hard so I guess she deserved it.

After I cut the umbilici cord and they cleaned her up a little they laid her on Amara's lap.

"You're so beautiful," Amara said with tears coming out of her eyes.

I sat next to Amara gently holding onto her and caressing our babygirl's head which is full of hair already. She looks like the perfect mixture of us both. It may be too early to say who she looks like the most.

"We are so excited to meet you..." I whispered still gazing at the baby.

I think I'm in love.

"What are we gonna name the cutest baby in the world...?" Amara asked in a baby voice as she nuzzled her nose against the baby's face.

"I might have an idea," I replied back to her.

"Uh Oh. I don't think I wanna give you full authority over naming her," Amara teased shaking her head.

I chuckled, " Come on...I got a good name for her!" I told her.

"Okay but it better not be anything stupid,"

***

"Kamara Rose Powers....that's not bad," Amara said as she looked down at the birth certificate.

"Kamara as in Keith and Amara. Now she'll always have a piece of both of us no matter which way we stray," I told her looking her dead in the eye.

We are waiting for them to bring the baby back from the nursey so we can have some skin to skin contact and bring in visitors one at a time.

"What was that about in the other room?" Amara asked with a raised eyebrow.

As this moment she couldn't look any more beautiful in my eyes. It's like she has some kind of just gave birth glow because I can not take my eyes off of her.

"Honestly, I don't know what came over me. I just watched you as you gave birth to our baby and I was just memorized. Like I had no control over what I was doing but I loved it," I told her honestly.

"You loved it?" she said with an eyebrow raised.

"I love you," I told her.

"That's what I meant."

________________________________

This chapter is on the shorter chapters but next one will be longer ❤️

How do y'all like the name? Comment below

Do y'all think Keith really loves her or is he just stuck in the moment? Comment below

Vote please

Follow also

Xoxo - msfanfictional 🦋