Chapter 5

Chapter 5🦋

Amara🦋

Day 3 of the baby project🦋

"Chocolate thunder? What's that? Is that what you call your..." I stated before cracking up laughing.

Keith's little girlfriends or whatever he calls them do the absolute most and they're so easy which must be why he likes them. I have yet to meet a girl that he has messed with that I've actually liked. The one thing they all have in common is that they're either white or light skin.

"Hey stop because my chocolate thunder's getting upset." Keith teased making me roll my eyes.

Before I could say anything smart back we walked into first block and took our seats right next to each other. I sat the baby on my table.

I decided to pull out my phone so I could text one of my friends, Destiny. She's been out of school due to her being sick with the flu.

"Who you texting? Your little boyfriend?" Keith questioned making me glare at him .

He knows I've never had a boyfriend because I get nervous around guys I find a little bit attractive. I don't know why I get like that I just do.

"Why you worried about who I'm texting?" I snapped back at him.

He laughed like that was the funniest thing ever. "I don't even know why I asked because nobody would date you." He said making a few people snicker.

He kind of just hurt my feelings but I'm not gonna let him know that.

"Shut up." I replied back before turning away from him.

Mrs . White walked into the room silencing everyone.

"Everyone get out a sheet of paper. One for each group." She told us.

I pulled out a piece of paper already knowing Keith wasn't gonna get one out.

"Write your names on the piece of paper. What I want you to do is write about your experience as a parent with your partner. What do you like about having a partner to work with on this project, how has having a child to look after effect things, so on and so forth. I'll give you guys 15 minutes." She explained before clapping her hands which is a signal to get to work.

"You write first." I told Keith as I sat the piece of paper on his desk.

Just as I said the baby started to cry.

Mrs. White looked over at me expecting me to know what to do.

I grabbed the baby checking to see if he's wet or hungry. I noticed that he's wet so I laid him down to change his diaper. After I changed his diaper he quieted down.

"Well done Miss. Johnson." Mrs. White complimented me.

I gave her a polite smile before sitting down in my seat.

I looked down to see that Keith gave the paper back and it read:

"So far this project has been very informative.." was the only thing on the paper.

I looked at him as he typed away on his phone.

"That's it? This project has been very informative?" I questioned him.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"You finish the rest." He told me making me groan.

So he's gonna be that type of partner.

"Then here watch the baby." I told him setting the baby on his desk.

He shrugged.

I wrote down how I felt about the whole project including how Keith and I don't necessarily get along but we're working through our differences to finish the project.