Chapter 23

Chapter 23🦋

Amara🦋

Eight Months Later..

"Keith, help me up!" I said struggling to get up from the couch in our new apartment.

A little bit over three months ago Keith thought it would be a good idea to move in together but I was a little hesitant seeing as we're not together and just looking at him makes me want to barf. I am a couple of weeks away from giving birth but I am completely over this.

"See no one told you to sit down before we left now you stuck," Keith chuckled as he grabbed onto my hands and pulled me up.

"Well you know my ankles are hurting..."I whined as I stood up on both legs.

There are the really pregnant people who get super big, the regular pregnant people who don't get that big but it's still obvious their pregnant, and then there's the pregnant people who you can barely tell that they're gonna give birth any minute. I'm really really pregnant, I'm the size of an exercise ball, my ankles are really swollen, and I've gained like seventy pounds. I don't know how much longer I can take being pregnant.

"Well we graduate in like two hours, I didn't expect you to come in here to sit down especially since we're late," Keith reminded me making me roll my eyes.

"I'm honestly not in the mood to get up on that stage. I just feel so uncomfortable," I told him honestly.

I have been waiting for this moment since the start of senior year and now I don't even want to go through with it.

"Have them mail me my diploma," I added waving him off.

Keith scrunched up his face in annoyance,"Nah, because I already know you. You're gonna look back on this moment and wish you would've been there. Then you gone have an attitude with me now lets go. Our parents are waiting for us on the outside of the building," Keith said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door before I could speak.

"You're starting to know me well," I stated.

He scoffed, "Starting? I know you like the back of my hand, sadly," Keith replied back saying the last part quietly.

And just because I felt like it I slapped the back of his neck.

***

"This is it," Keith stated as we both stood outside the building where our graduation is being held.

"This is it," I repeated looking up at the building and then down at my belly.

"I didn't picture this at all," I added.

"Me either but I think I like this picture," Keith said making me smile.

"Cornyyyy," I said gently pushing him.

"See I can't even be nice to you..." He said making me bust out laughing.

"Nice to see you smiling," a familiar voice said from behind me.

I instantly turned around with a big smile on my face, "Bestieeeeeeeee!" I exclaimed grabbing onto Destiny.

We have not been seeing as much of each other since I've been on bedrest and have been finishing school up online.

"I missed you!" She exclaimed as we hugged and rocked back and forth.

"I missed you too sis. We made it!" I said excitedly.

I wouldn't have been able to get through those four years of highschool without her honestly.

"Yeah and we about to be late. My parents are with y'all parents on the inside," Destiny mentioned.