Chapter 21

Chapter 21🦋

Amara🦋

"What do you mean you don't know if you're keeping the baby?!" Keith shouted making me jump as I sat on his bed.

"I said what I said I don't know if I'm keeping this baby. We're too young to be having a baby and we barely even get along. Why bring a baby into a toxic environment?" I questioned him as I watched him pace back and forth angriliy.

"Look I don't believe in abortions but I do believe in handling my responsibilities. This baby did nothing to us so why should we go and kill it? We may not have the best environment right now but that doesn't mean we can't create one," Keith told me.

"Well it's my body and I can do what I want with it," I said referring to our baby.

Keith stopped and gave me a look that said "What the hell did you just say?"

"Don't even start that, it's my body and I'll do what I want shit please! Don't I have some say in what will happen to the baby or are you going to be selfish?" He said mocking me.

"It's true though, It's my body and I have the final say in what goes on with it. I don't want to be selfish but if I give birth to this baby then I'm the one with full responsibility. You can bail out and I can't. I'll be the one stuck," I argued back.

I watched as Keith stopped pacing, stood in front of me and then got on his knees.

"But I will never bail out on you..I may be a player, a jerk, or even an asshole sometimes but I would never be a coward. I know talk is cheap so you don't have to believe me but I promise that I'll never abandon either of you," He said taking the back of my hand and kissing it.

"But you're right. It is your decision, your body, your choice. I can't make you have this baby and if you want to get rid of it  I'll be there to hold your hand," He said instantly making me feel guilty.

I never thought I would be having a conversation like this, this young let alone having it with him. It happened way too fast. One day I was a virgin, the next day I wasn't , and now I'm pregnant.

"Maybe we should tell our parents before making a decision," I told him.

"Yeah, I'm kind of scared of how they're gonna react. My mom and dad were all for us getting together but having a baby might be a whole different situations," He stated making me nod my head in agreement.

"My mom might kill you because I told her about everything that happened in Jamaica," I explained to him.

"Oh snap. We should invite your parents over here. I don't wanna get kicked out of y'all spot," He joked making me giggle.

"I'll call them and you make sure your parents are here," I said pulling out my phone.

He nodded and left the room.

I called my parents telling them that we have to discuss something at Keith's house. They were confused but they agreed.

I suddenly felt a wave wash over me as I laid back on Keith's bed and felt my eye's closing.

***

Keith🦋

When I came back into my room Amara's practically passed out on my bed.

She looks all innocent and cute curled up on my bed even with her hair all over her head. I lifted my covers from underneath her to pull them over her which she snuggled into.

All I can think about is this baby and how much I want to keep it. I know at first I didn't want the baby but truth is I wouldn't want to have a baby with anyone else. I do love her and I trust her. I know I'm never gonna be able to find that in anyone else. We're young but I'm willing to grow up and be the father this baby needs.