Chapter 22

Chapter 22🦋

Amara🦋

A couple of days later...

I've been avoiding everyone for the last couple of days because I feel like I need a moment to myself to think about this whole situation. It's kind of hard to avoid Keith since I see him at school but I've managed to do that. After my little hiatus I decided to call Destiny over so we could talk about it.

"I knew something was gonna happen because y'all were messing around the entire trip. You two were like a newly married couple on their honeymoon are something. Y'all were in babymaking mode," Destiny said trying to cheer me up.

I rolled my eyes sitting on my bed where I've been spending 90 percent of my time.

"It's just happening all too fast. One minute I can't stand him, next thing you know we're sleeping together, and now I'm pregnant. It's just all happening too fast," I replied back to her.

Destiny wrapped her arm around my shoulder trying to comfort me but actually choking me.

"Well this is the consequences of having sex. You have to be willing to take responsibility so you can't blame Keith forever," She told me making me nod my head.

"I know, you're right its just that blaming him is so much easier. I even told him I was thinking about getting rid of the baby," I revealed to her.

She let go of me and gave me a weird look.

"You are not," she stated.

"I was thinking about getting rid of the baby now I'm seeing how unfair that would be. It's not the baby's fault we were being irresponsible," I announced to her.

She nodded her head, "Good, I'm glad you're going to keep the baby," Destiny said.

Before I could reply back my phone lit up for the hundredth time. I let it ring.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Destiny questioned as I remained still.

"No because I already know who it is," I replied back to her shrugging my shoulders.

She picked up my phone and we both looked down at the screen to see Keith's name in bold letters.

"Girl...you're gonna have to talk to him sometimes. You're carrying his child and he's probably worried about you," she said to me.

I groaned, "I just don't want him acting all sweet and nice to me after he practically used me for sex in Jamaica. That's not how this should work. He shouldn't have dumped me in Jamaica," I told her.

"But this has nothing to do with your relationship. This baby needs parents that get along somewhat. You can't bring a baby into the world knowing you don't get along with its father. That's how unhealthy homes are built. Trust me, I know," she said referring to her single parent household.

As soon as Keith's name disappeared from my phone it popped up again.

Destiny waved the phone over to me.

"Okay, you're right," I said grabbing the phone and answering the call.

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?" Keith shouted into the phone.

I pulled the phone back from my head rolling my eyes.

"First of all, watch your tone when you're talking to me. Second, I needed time to think things through because as you already know I have a lot to think about." I told him.

"Well this thing you're doing called avoiding me is not helping the situation at all. Whether you like it or not you're carrying my child and until you make that so called decision to get rid of him/her then I want to be there for you. That means no avoiding me, no declining my calls, and no making any decisions without telling me first," He snapped into the phone.