Chapter 9

Chapter 9 🦋

Keith 🦋

"Keith, are you ready?" My father called from the living room as I stared in the bathroom mirror at myself.

Tonight my parents and I are going out to eat with the Amara's family and The Jeffersons but  I'm not too excited about it. I honestly feel like I could be doing something more important and besides why would I want to spend any more time with Amara then I have to? The Jeffersons are a pretty decent family, I'm pretty close with their son, Tamir. We would be closer if they didn't live all the way across town.

"Keith! If you don't hurry your ass up taking all day!" My mom snapped from downstairs.

I chuckled as I grabbed my phone off of the counter and walked out of the bathroom.

It takes time to look this good. I'm decked out in the flyest suit because the attire is formal wear due to the fancy restaurant we're going to.

"Coming, coming, calm down. I can't help it that I'm the only one who cares about my appearance," I said pretending to dust some dirt off my shoulder.

My father shook his head.

"Boy you ain't nothing special now let's go," he stated as we headed out the door.

Once we hopped in the car my dad didn't hesitate to speed away from the house.

I pulled out my phone to keep myself busy and I noticed a bunch of texts from Stacy piling in.

This girl is obsessed with me. I haven't talked to her since the other day and she has been blowing my phone up ever since. Glad I didn't sleep with her I just got some head and bounced. Probably would've caught something....

For me sleeping with a woman is sacred, believe it or not that is really important to me. I only sleep with women I trust. With having sex comes feelings , diseases, babies, and other stuff I'm not willing to risk. If i can't trust you then it's a no go. Proud to say I have three bodies...

I begin staring out the window into the night sky...

***

Amara 🦋

"I hate this dress," I grumbled as I sat in my seat across from Tamir who's busy typing away from his phone.

"I think you look adorable, close your legs though," my mom said as she smacked my leg gently.

I groaned as I closed my legs tighter. I don't know why but it's so hard for me to keep my legs closed when wearing dresses. I think it's my tomboy side popping out.

My mom forced me to wear this cheesy plaid dress that actually shows a little too much but my mom was convinced I needed to dress up for Keith. Two things wrong with that, I DON'T LIKE KEITH and the hell I look like dressing up for a man anyways.

Keith's entire family is late to the dinner party so everyone's making small talk or on their phones. Destiny went to bed early so I'm just messing with my straw in my glass of water.

"Who you tryna look all good for?" Tamir asked me as he eyed me from across the table. 

Tamir and I usually don't talk so I was actually surprised to hear him say something.

"Myself," I replied back to him.

"Nah I think you tryna look good for Keith." He retorted making me roll my eyes.

I swear if one more person says something about Keith I'm screaming.

"I'm just trying to look good for my damn self," I replied back to him making my father give me a stern look.