Chapter 14

Chapter 14🦋

Keith🦋

I don't know why but I can't keep Amara out of my head. Being on this Jamaica trip with her is not helping at all.

Speaking of the devil, "Keith, why are you so quiet?" Amara questioned me making me shrug my shoulders.

"My shoes are getting dirty, I don't know why I let you talk me into this," Destiny complained as she scrunched up her face in disgust.

Amara thought it would be a good idea for everyone to take a hike through the Blue Mountains which is the largest mountain range in Jamaica.

"Because we needed something to do and I love nature," Amara replied back making Destiny roll her eyes.

"This sun is no joke," Tamir stated wiping his glistening black forehead.

Unlike them I actually don't mind being outside and exploring a little bit.

"Do you even know where we are going?" Tamir asked Amara who's holding onto a map the people back at the entrance gave us.

We watched as Amara stopped walking and began turning the map around in circles.

"Should've just asked for a person to guide us," I said taking the map from her.

"That's an extra two hundred dollars I don't want to spend," She mentioned.

"You're so cheap," Destiny laughed.

I turned the map a different way to realize that she had it upside down.

"It goes this way," I told her as I held it towards her face.

"See I knew having you here on this trip would come in handy," She joked making a smirk appear on my face.

"That's not all that I'm handy for," I whispered in her ear as I squeezed her thigh making sure Destiny and Tamir couldn't see.

She slapped my hand away, "It's this way," She walked off.

As we continued to walk along the path I couldn't help but to feel liberated and at peace while in a natural setting. I took the camera that my mom told me to take pictures with and took a bunch of photos as we continued heading to the top.

"Mara," I called her by the nickname I gave her when we were younger.

She turned to look at me and I took the shot.

"I'm in no mood for pictures, I'm all hot and sweaty," Amara said turning her head back to the map.

"You look fine," I said waving her off.

Tamir and Destiny are quiet as they walked behind us except for the occasional giggle that came out of Destiny.

"Are we almost there?" Tamir questioned.

"Actually, we are almost there," Amara retorted not looking up from the map.

"So...you ready to graduate in a couple of months?" I asked her as she continued to stare down at the map.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Ready to start our lives, I'm ecstatic," She replied back.

"You still want to become a therapist?" I questioned her.

She looked at me in shock.

"You remember?" She asked.

I nodded my head and shrugged.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I just didn't think it would be something that you would want to remember," She replied back.

I hopped over a log that just so happens to be in front of me.

We remained silent for a few minutes as I lagged around a little before catching up again..

"Well I have a problem, maybe you could fix it?" I asked her.

She looked at me before giving me a small smile, "Mr. Powers, what is this problem you speak of?"

"So as you know I am a ladies man and I am incapable of loving just one woman but something happened a long time ago that has changed my life...." I started to say lowly just so she could hear.

She turned to look at me, "Go on.."

"I met my best friend and eventually I fell in love with her. I didn't know what to do so I kept it a secret for a while until I realized that she would probably never see me as more than a friend. In order to get over her I had to create a distraction which with me being a ladies man wasn't that hard to do so I did. Years go by and I found out that the girl I use to love hates me and I have no clue why because I could never hate her even if I said I do. Now I'm stuck on an Island with her and our two dumb friends and all I can think about is whether she's having a good time because I care about her happiness. I've discovered that I am in fact capable of loving just one woman but that in truth I've just been afraid of rejection from the one woman outside of my mother that I love the most. What do you think I should do about that?" I put my hand on the small of her back as we stopped walking.

"We're here," She announced as I turned to look at the view of all the other parts of the mountain.

"We high as hell," Tamir yelled out receiving an echo in return.

"Shut up," Destiny laughed playfully nudging his head.

"You better keep your hands off of me before I send you flying off this mountain," Tamir joked.

"Yeah and watch when I come back up Amara and I are gonna jump you," Destiny looked over at Amara for back up as Amara waved her off.

They started playfighting making Amara and I draw our attention back to each other.

"What should I do?" I asked her staring into her eyes.

"You should ask her how did she feel about you when she was younger," Amara replied back.

I smiled and nodded my head.

I turned around for a second before turning back around to face her.

She giggled.

"Amara, how did you feel about me when we were younger?" I questioned her as we both sat side by side on a huge boulder.

"At first, you were my bestfriend. I would always come to you if I had a problem or if I needed someone to talk to. Then I started to developed a crush on you but you had already started dating other girls so I just moved on but then it was like I lost my bestfriend. You started going girl crazy, all your little girlfriends would tell you to stop hanging around me and you listened to them. I've never felt so betrayed ever so then I just decided that I was gonna hate you because I was so hurt. Losing you as a crush was easy but losing my bestfriend practically destroyed me," A tear slipped out of Amara's eye.

I quickly wiped it away.

"Well how do you feel about me now?" I asked softly.

"Now, I feel like that crush I had on you never really went away but it was buried under all that hate I had for you, I can feel it resurfacing."

________________________________

Blue Mountains in the mm.💙💙

ooo la la feelings are developing.😏

Sorry for the wait!😩

What do y'all think is gonna happened next?🤔

Keith and Amara babies coming soon? Jk lmao😭

comment below⬇️

vote please 😩

follow also ❣️

xoxo - msfanfictional👑