Chapter 19

Chapter 19🦋

Amara🦋

I could barely look at Keith as I sat next to Destiny on the plane.

My birthday trip to Jamaica was almost perfect until Keith ruined it by telling me he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. Like being in a relationship with me would be the worst thing ever.

"So are you gonna keep ignoring everyone or are you gonna talk about what's wrong with you?" Destiny questioned as I laid my head against the airplane window with my hood up to hide my face.

I haven't spoken much to anyone since after my conversation with Keith. I mean how can I? I'm embarressed. Here I am messing around with Keith acting all lovey dovey in Jamaica to come back home and be all by myself. Makes me seem like I'm some kind of hoe.

I ignored Destiny, putting my headphones into my ears to block out the sound of her voice. I just want to sulk in peace.

Destiny just grabbed my hand and held it as she conversated with Tamir and Keith who sat in the seats across from us. Keith's just chatting away like he didn't just take my heart and crumbled it. I really just wanna kick him in the face but I need to get home first. :)

***

I must've have dozed off because I woke up to Destiny shaking me and Ari Lennox blasting in my ear.

I turned off my music before gathering all of my things and following Destiny off the plane.

After we went to go grab our bags we were met with our parents.

"So how was your trip?" my mom asked with a smug look on her face.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It was alright," I replied back plainly.

My dad gave me a look, "With the price of those tickets and everything else for the trip it better had been wonderful," My dad said making me giggle.

"Okay, okay it was fun. We did everything I wanted to do. Maybe we did have a little too much fun," I retorted as I nodded over towards Tamir who has a cast on both his arm and leg.

"Oh lord that boy has always been clumsy," My mom said making us both laugh.

It's true, Tamir's a clutz and gets hurt constantly compared to the rest of us. Been that way since we were little kids.

"Let me go see if the boy's alright," My dad said going over to Tamir and his parents.

"So..did anything happen between you and Keith?" My mom questioned with hope in her eyes.

I groaned and rolled my eyes at the mention of his name.

"I don't even want to talk about it. How about no one even mentions his name anymore?" I asked getting agitated.

"Ooo seems like we need to have a girl talk session," My mom said all giddily

"No, I don't want to talk about him AT ALL. I hate him, mom. What do you two not get about that?" I snapped shrugging her hands off my shoulder before walking away.

I hate him. I do hate him. I hate him for taking my virginity and then breaking my heart. I hate him for making me care about him even if it was just for a couple of days. I hate him for being so damn good looking. I hate him for being perfect so perfect even my own parents want us together. I hate him for making me love him.

And the sad thing is that I had a feeling this was gonna happen...I just didn't listen because I wanted to create a different outcome.

***