Chapter 16

Zain's POV

I sat in the office when Mariana facetimed me. I answer thinking she was just calling for our daily catch up.

"Zain- I sent you an address. Mia asked me to do some tracking... and I gave her an address but shes going on her own."

"Slow down... address for what?"

"Its maybe her mother. I did some tracking."

"Fuck." I mumble getting up. "Shes at home leaving so you might get there in time."

"Fine." I say hanging up. I couldnt believe that Mariana did that already. How the fuck do you find a dead woman.

I call Mia but she doesn't answer as I put my coat on. It took me 30 minutes to drive to the place. Somewhere deep in Haarlem.

As I pull up Mia calls me back.

"Hey." She says. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I'm just gonna see if she's there. If not, I will be fine. She's been dead 12 years I can handle another whatever?"

I get out of the car and see Mia's car parked right outside. She had her head on the wheel as she spoke to me on the phone.

"Mia, Mariana gave me the address im here." I say and she looks up.

"Remind me to kill her." She says getting out the car. She was wearing a black canada goose coat on top of her jeans and a white tucked in top.

"Come on lets do this." She says. I take her hand pressing on my back side.

"You brought a gun." She says and I nod. "Well Im not trying to get us killed?"

"Lets go." She says as we walk into the dark apartments holding my hand. I look at the door number and Mia nods. The door was already open it seemed and I heard voices.

The apartment was small as I walked in I bump into my dad.

"Really?" He says. "You followed me?"

"No." I say as he frowns looking at me. "Mariana." He says and I nod. Mia pushes past me and I follow her gaze to the woman standing in the living room. The looked a lot like Mia especially with the dark hair Mia had. Her mom was just more tanned. She was very young. She had Elsieat 14? Beautiful woman I see why Liam had so many kids. She stood in skinny jeans and a black top with her jet black straight hair falling over her shoulders.

"Mom?" She says and I look at my dad. Was this really happening?

"Hi Mia." Jackie says and I see behind me Liam walking in. "I didn't bring these idiots." He tells Liam but I watch Liam's eyes stand in shock.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." He says staring at her. I feel Mia's weight suddenly drop on me and I catch her.

Liam looks at Mia who I was now holding. "Can you take her home please?" He asks

"When she wakes up she'll kill me." I tell him

"Nick Adams your kid looks exactly like you." Jackie says as I put Mia on the sofa.

"Jackie do you wanna tell us what's happening?" Liam says. "Before the kids dont have a mother for real this time." He was so pissed off my dad had to push him back a couple of steps.

"I paid for your fucking funeral."

"Oh yes it was beautiful thank you." She says. "How did you even know I was alive?"

"That would be me." I say. "Im shocked really that you haven't figured it out before."

"We usually do not go around chasing the dead."