Chapter 35

Kai's POV

"I can't believe they're engaged." Aaliyah says to me as she threw the basketball back at me. We were in my parents house. They had their own court so it was useful for me to do extra practice. I was still trying to get back on my best game. The reality that my knee was busted was not something I would accept.

"Why? I expect anything from those two." I say as Aaliyah shows me the ring Mia posted on her Instagram finally since everyone knew. My parents bit their tongue and just continued with their peace making as things were finally normal.

"How beautiful is that ring?" She says.

"Looks expensive." I say and she shows me the house Mia stood infront of with Zain. I took the damn picture. "Best engagement gift ever." The caption read.

I got to speak to Zain about making me look like a terrible boyfriend. I look at Aaliyah who was scrolling through instagram.

"Is that what you want?" I ask her and she chuckles. "Eventually." She says. "I know you got commitment issues but..."

"Stop that, I'm 100% committed to you." I tell her pushing her jokingly.

"So you see us being together forever?" She asks and I put my arm around her. "Forever."

Her light brown eyes shined bright in the New York spring sunlight as she kissed my lips. "You're the cutest Mckai."

"Ew don't use my full name." I say pushing her away as she laughs but loses balance a little but I grab her making her laugh even more.

"You guys want lunch?" My mom yells from inside. I nod as I drag Aaliyah in.

"Smells nice in here." Aaliyah tells my mom. "I made chicken pasta."

"Thanks." I tell my mom sitting down. Everyone was either at school or work.

"The house is so quiet." Aaliyah says.

"God, when they all lived home and were teenagers it was like a zoo here." She says and I laugh. "Especially Kai who was bouncing off the walls."

"ADHD really calmed down." Aaliyah says laughing at me. "You're so calm."

"I guess it comes with age and the sports helped."

"Yeah we signed him up for everything to get him tired."

"So what do you play?" Aaliyah asks me and I chuckle. "Soccer. I run track. I'm great at hockey, ice hockey."

"Thats crazy." She says and I chuckle as she stares at me surprised.

"Do you want hot sauce?" I ask Aaliyah after putting it on my food. She nods taking it before pulling a face. "It smells funny."

"Did it expire?" My mom asks taking the bottle. "No its new."

I pick up my bowl and snell it, it smells great to me. I put it under Aaliyah's nose and she pushes it away. "I think I'm gonna be sick." She says and I frown as she runs out the kitchen.

"Oh oh." My mom says and I look at her. "It smells fine to me?" I say frowning.

"Kai." She says. "Are you guys having safe sex."

"Ew. Mom what the fuck?"

"Are you?"

"You think she's pregnant?" I say and she just stares at me. "Please..." I say rolling my eyes.

"Kai." She says and I laugh. "Aaliyah is on birth control."

"Not always effective. I thought I told you this?"