Chapter 2

Zain's POV

Mia came outside calling my name. I put the cigarette between my lips before inhaling as I looked at her. Her voice alone saying my name made me feel some type of way.

"You dont have to go. You can stay- we can co-exist you know in the same places?" She says.

"And then?" I ask. "You drive me nuts Mia. You make me wanna do things that are stupid. I got shot by a cop because I was too busy wanting to kill Remy."

"Well guess were even then." She says. She just stared at me as she stood there in her new hair colour, pretty dress and heels.

Losing Mia did not mean just losing my girlfriend. The last 3 months have been hell. Mia was my best friend since I was 8. We did everything together.

I couldn't help it really. I threw the cigarette over and grabbed Mia's waist kissing her lips. She doesn't stop me. She presses her body up against me as I feel her tongue in my mouth.

"Come with me?" I say in between the kisses. Steps back and looks at me.

"Were not having sex." She says. "Especially not after you slept with the whole of New York this summer." She says turning around. I stop her holding her arm. "Hold on." I say and she looks at me.

"You mean to tell me that you have not slept with anyone."

"Nobody. Not you or Remy or anyone else." She says turning around again but I pull her back in. "Stop walking away from me?"

"Look.. what do you want Zain?" She asks. Well, taking her home was one.

"I want to be with you."

"No you want to fuck me and then tomorrow morning start your insecure mess up again." She says and I sigh. That was honestly not all I wanted. "So lets just leave it there..." she walks in this time and I don't stop her.

I kick the little rock infront of me before getting my keys out.

"Hi." I hear behind me making me turn around. It was a girl standing there.

"You got a lighter?" She asks. I was still just distracted with Mia. I dig it out of my pocket as she stands next to me. I light it up for her and step back.

"Thanks." Shr says. "Im Joan."

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." I tell her. I was not letting Mia have another thing she could hold against me. I get in my car and I go home.

"Yooo." I say seeing Kairo raiding the kitchen. "You got the munchies or something?"

"We don't all have drug addictions." My little brother says. Being the oldest of five was a lot. Well thats if you dont count our older half brother Ezra we found a year ago.

"Youre 12. What drug problem could you have?" I ask him taking the ice cream.

"Yo give it back." He says as I laugh eating it.

"Why you always bullying the kids?" My dad says walking into the kitchen.

"Why is he even awake? Its 1am." I say as Kairo rolled his eyes at me. "Shut up." He says disappearing.

"Don't you have your own place Zain. Why are you still living here?"

"Dad. Talk about being insensitive. Ive been shot and in a coma?"

"Shut up. Its been two months Zain." He laughs sitting down as I eat Kairo's ice cream.

"Hey baby." My mom says walking into the kitchen all dressed up. She was followed in by my aunt Cleo who hugs me. My mom kisses my dad who pulls her in putting his arms around her.