Chapter 30

My party planning was off the chain. I was very happy with the outcome. The theme was white and gold. There was fairy lights everywhere and white flowers with a hint of gold. Mariana came back and helped me out loads with the themes. Kai is the worst party planner.

I wished Mia was here to help and for us to be friends but it sucked because I havent seen her for a month or two nearly. She was great at this kind of stuff. I missed her as a friend really. Wr spent out whole lives together suddenly she was gone.

Yasmin was pretty set on me not hanging out with Mia but honestly, I was hoping I would atleast see her. Just as my best friend.

"I'm so proud of you guys." My grandma says as she hugged me and Mariana. Kai was somewhere being ridiculous with Aaliyah.

"Hi grandma." I say hugging her back. "This is the cutest thing ever. Im so excited to see your mom's face."

"We got a slide I put together of a timeline of their relationship." Mariana says as a massive projector was on the wall.

"Were gonna turn the music down." I say into a mic as I climb the stage. "They're like 3 minutes away."

"You look good in a suit." Yasmin says to me as I climb off the stage. "Thank you..." I say leaning in kissing her. She looked good herself in a black dress.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of my massive family."

"Hey.." Aaliyah says stopping me with Ayla.

"Hey Yasmin." Ayla says hugging her. "You look so good. You look great blonde... Zain..."

"Don't you dare say it." I tell my cousin who just laughs. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Aaliyah says

"What's up." I say as she drags me along.

"Nobody has seen or spoken to Mia in a week."

"How about Liam?" I ask. "Well I dont know but for the rest of us we haven't spoken to her."

"Maybe you guys are overbearing." I say laughing and she shakes her head.

"She's been acting weird. Barely hangs out."

"Hold on." I say seeing my phone ring. "Everyone quiet." I say and a silence falls in the big room.

"Surprise." Everyone yells but I forgot because I just thought about Mia.

My mom walks in her golden sequened dress with my dad holding her hand. She looked genuinely happy and surprised. Uncle Mason lets Teddy who runs up to her first.

"I can't believe this is happening. You guys are gonna make me cry." My mom says as I hug her.

"Show us the ring." Mariana says kissing her face.

"This whole divorce was a plot to upgrade the ring huh?"

"Yes." She says and I laugh. My parents become lost in the crowd of family. I find Elsie as she was already eating in a corner.

"Hi..." I say. "You seen Mia?"

"Is that not your girlfriend?" She asks pointing at Yasmin. "Elsie, yes or no?"

"Not today no. Why?"

"Yesterday?" I ask and she nods. "She's not feeling good I think. She said she was coming down with something."

I turn around find Yasmin. "Hey. I need to quickly go do something.. okay?"

"Okay..." she says a little confused as I tell Kai quickly about it. He nods and I leave calling Mia who doesn't pick up. I knew Mia pretty well and I know she's capable of self-destruction like I am.