001: school

Eunji squeezed her eyes shut, trying to fade out the noisiness that ruled over the small classroom.

People were standing in their little groups, formed based on preferences, interests, grades, money and most importantly popularity.

It was obvious that Eunji didn't find herself in any of these groups.

Don't get her wrong, she tried.
She tried so hard to try to seem interested in the conversations about everyone's latest vacations in Hawaii, about boys or money.
About how much they hated their parent's guts.

But after a while, things became too tiring and Eunji decided to drop her act, not caring about how much they would hate her.

Things would wind down after a while.

She preferred to be alone and getting involved with any of them would be the worst move anyway, so she always stayed quiet and in the back, trying to not put any attention upon herself.

Being invisible was better than being bullied and bothered. That's what she always told herself.

"I've missed you!" Ara, Eunji's closest friend hugged her tightly, ignoring the other girl's pleading to not hug her too tight.

And don't forget to add - Ara was also her only friend.

"If you continue, I think I might collapse." Eunji chuckled halfheartedlt, pulling away her friend's arm gently.

Eunji has always been a bit weaker than others.
Was it the school's sports day or the regular PE lesson.
She would always sit on the bench watching others having fun and running around, dodging balls.

How much she wanted to have fun with them too.

She couldn't.

Her asthma would hold her back, restrain her from experiencing the childhood everyone else had.
Eunji was beyond angry and frustrated.
She was tired of having to stay behind and receive special treatment, when she could have fun with the others instead.

Eunji never wanted to be special or different from others, but now she was excluded from so many activities, that it was hard for to make friends.

She was weak.

"You really look like you are about to collapse, Eunji." Ara's laughter died down, her eyes serious as she knew that her friend often felt unwell.

Eunji would only shake her head, wanting to reassure her friend that it wasn't her fault.

"It's loud. The others can't stop arguing it's kinda suffocating. It's never been this loud before." Eunji truthfully answered and nodded, looking to the front when the teacher entered the classroom.

"Let's talk later." Ara nodded worriedly and turned around.

In that exact moment, Jungwon and his friends entered as well.

"Hurry up and find your seats." The teacher strictly exclaimed and glared at the boys.
They weren't late, but somehow the teacher was irritated by the 3 boys that were exchanging cheeky glances.

All the three of them Ni-ki, Sunoo and Jungwon.
Straight A-students with good looks and great personalities. Their families were well off too. They had friends. Lots of them.

It almost sounded too good to be true.

Eunji looked at them carefully.
She wasn't intending to stare, but of course she couldn't help it. No one could help it.

"Yes we will." Sunoo smiled politely and bowed, while looking around the classroom, when his eyes stopped at the seat not far from Eunji.

"I'm taking that one." He mischievously smirked and made his way to the seat, when it hit Eunji.

He was looking at Ara, who sat just a seat away.

Eunji turned to look away as a smile made its way up to her lips. Was her fellow classmate really interested in Ara? Her lifelong bestfriend?
It made her giggle.

"I will take this one then." Another voice spoke out, making Eunji look up.
The voice was too close to her to not hear.
And surprisingly it turned out to be the seat right in front of her.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" The black haired boy, turning out to be Jungwon raised an eyebrow and was about to sit down, when she nodded her head rapidly, not being able to speak.

Damn, get yourself together, Eunji. She cursed at herself, knowing that this was not how she would normally act.

"Alright. Let's start." The teacher impatiently started speaking, making everyone turn the front, who was just a moment ago spectating the scene in the back of the class.

___________________________

"I can't believe you are really leaving me." Eunji pouted prettily and crossed her arms, letting out a long sigh.

If there was something she hated the most was being lonely and left alone.

Which she both was feeling way too often lately.

"Well, do you want me to die then? My mom will never let me live if I don't get that damn package for her." Ara sighed and smiled apologetic, before waving.

She climbed up her bike and left hurriedly, making Eunji sigh once again.

Today, she had to eat lunch alone then.

Knowing that she's going to end up being irritated by the noisiness in the cafeteria, she brought her lunch pack with her and started heading towards to the school garden.

It was hidden behind the school's gym and often was empty.

When she just was about to turn around the corner to enjoy her well deserved meal, her breath stopped.
"Oh no." Regret immediately lingered in the air, when she dropped the box she was holding tightly just a moment ago.

In front of her were Jungwon and another classmates, gloomily standing in front of each other.
He was holding her wrist gently and looked at her with a pleading, warm gaze, while she coldly looked back into his eyes fiercely.

That's when it hit her.
Eunji overheard the conversation of Jungwon and his friends earlier, as much as she told herself not to.
He was allegedly going to confess to Sangmi today.

And he seemingly got rejected on top of that.

The flowers, that seemed to belong to him were spread across on the ground while he looked down bitterly, his gaze directed to the flowers of his.
His bangs hiding his wistful eyes, when the two of them turned to look at Eunji who was still hiding behind the corner.

"Who the hell are you?"