036: reunion

(a/n: TEEHEEEEHEEEHEHEHEHEHEEEEHEHEH)
________________________________

eunji's p.o.v

"Hospital, Hospital, Hospital...where is it?" I mumbled to myself, putting both my hands on my knees, panting heavily.

I still had no idea what was happening or why the hell he called me to the hospital, but what I knew was that it was urgent.

Ignoring the pain in my lungs, I took out my phone to check if I was at the right location.

Thank god, I was right.

Suddenly, it struck me, causing me to stop in my tracks. What am I even doing?
A second ago I was so set on not seeing Jungwon again and breaking our friendship and here I am rushing to the hospital to make sure he was alright.

Dashing inside, I tried to ignore the elder people's shocked glances, as I walked past them in my bunny pyjamas with my bunny plush slippers and only a jacket to keep me warm.

I would be surprised too if I were them.
I looked ridiculous.

"Did someone with the name Jungwon check in?" I was still trying to catch my breath, as I grabbed onto the railing tightly, "He is about my age...?"

"Are you alright?" The nurse asked, tilting her head at me.
She looked like she wanted to check me in for mental health issues, but again I just ignored it.

"Y-yeah I'm alright. I just need a second.." I replied with a polite smile, as she was done looking through her list.

"He is just a visitor. You can find him near room 0902." The nurse nodded, as I bowed goodbye and left.

And there he was.
His face buried in both his hands, as I noticed him trembling slightly.
Something must have happened. Something terrible.

"Jungwon..?" I approached him gently, reaching my hand out to pat his back, but I pulled back when he flinched, "What happened?"

"She fell." Was the only thing he said, as he looked up with his beautiful eyes that once gleamed so much and pulled me into his arms right away, "She didn't move when I found her, Eunji."

My eyes widened, as I froze against his embrace.
"W-who?"

Jungwon just continued, shaking his head again,"I wasn't there when she fell, but I saw her laying on the ground. She was quiet. So quiet."

"Who..?" I repeated, my voice trembling just as much as his.

"My grandmother."

I pulled him closer to me distinctly and nodded, understanding the situation a bit better. I never had grandparents before or at least I've never met them, but I knew Jungwon was incredibly close to his grandmother.
"She is in safe hands now, Jungwon. You don't need to worry about anything."

"She didn't even scream or anything. She just fell." I could feel my pyjamas getting slightly wet from his tears, as he buried his head in the crook of my neck, "What if she dies because I was too late to find her? She couldn't even recognise me when I talked to her."

"Jungwon, don't say things like this. Nothing will happen. Just wait till your grandma gets enough rest, she will remember you. I promise." I reassured him, trying to stay strong myself.
..But this hospital, this situation, Jungwon's devastation -
it reminded me so much of myself on the day I lost my father.
I shook my head.
This wasn't important anymore now that it was in the past.
But what wasn't, was that Jungwon was devastated and needed someone to comfort him in this exact moment.