038: I

"Jungwon, Hey~ What are you up to?" She spoke, giggling.

Jungwon frowned at the girl's shrill voice, scoffing almost.
"How did you get my number?" He replied sharply, not expecting someone like her to call him in the early morning.

"Awh, aren't you a bit too petty?" She pouted and smirked the second later, ignoring his question swiftly, "I need to ask you something. It's really important."

Jungwon thought about it, but was sure of himself the second later. "Ask someone else. I'm going to hang up-"

"It's about Sangmi." She spoke and he immediately kept quiet, his eyes widening as curiosity grew inside him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure you don't want to know?" Ara, the person behind the voice laughed at the sudden silence, "I mean, It's about your beloved Sangmi after all-"

"I will hang up if you don't spit it out now."

"Geez fine." Ara rolled her eyes, clearing her throat, "Have you heard of Sangmi? The thing is, I don't think she is alright after what happened. She seems to avoid us. I tried to reach her-"

Jungwon frowned, "What?"

Sangmi had been fine a while ago, why didn't he know anything about her feeling unwell?

"You didn't know? She and Dongsoo broke up. It seems like the breakup affected her a lot more than it affected him." Ara's voice was pitying, with a hint of nonchalance, "I am afraid that she is too sad that she ends up—"

"Stop spitting nonsense. Sangmi isn't the type of person to grieve..." Jungwon interrupted her, shaking his head. He wasn't convinced about his own words either.
Knowing Sangmi, she would have run to him immediately, especially now that they got closer again and curse the shit out of Dongsoo but she never once mentioned anything about the breakup.

Why didn't Sangmi tell Jungwon?

The girl on the other side of the phone raised an eyebrow,
"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"Ara, I'm glad you told me this, but it's none of my business." Jungwon sighed, "We recently started being friends again. It doesn't matter to me if she is seeing someone or not."

"Jungwon, don't you get it?" Ara's voice grew impatient as she sighed in annoyance, "She needs you. Sangmi needs you the most right now. You need to go to her now!"

"But—"

"Trust me."

He didn't know what got into him, but the next moment he grabbed his jacket and ran outside.

Jungwon listened to Ara like the fool he was.
He shouldn't have.

eunji's p.o.v

"Eunji sweetheart, I will leave now! Money's on the table and the fridge is stuffed. If anything is wrong, call me immediately." Mom called all the way from downstairs, but I was too tired to move.

"Yeah- Good b-bye." I stammered, at least trying to sound more lively, but my body was aching to the point that moving the slightest hurt like hell.

What was happening to me?

I felt another cough creeping up my throat, as I curled up to a ball, shutting my eyes close.
Soon the door closed and I felt my eyes widen again.

My mom was leaving for god knows how long and I was too weak to not stand up and tell her how much I was going to miss her.

"But..I-It can't be." I cried, shaking my head.
Now that i think about it, it's been exactly three weeks and four days since my appointment at the doctor.