008: box

(a/n: OKAY i have decided what ending to go for and thank you for commenting😗 i thought i was going to end up being ghosted and embarrassed because no one's commenting but y'all got my back ily guys)
_______________________________________

"What are you waiting for?" Jungwon's headed popped out next to the girl's shoulder, as she took back a step, startled.

She has been anxious all day about going to school after what happened yesterday, unsure of how to act and react.

"I'm so sorry-"
"You look like you need a yummy snack." Jungwon raised an eyebrow and smiled sneakily, ignoring the pain in his foot after the girl had stepped on it vigorously, "Let's go."

Taking her hand in his, he started dragging her, when she abruptly stopped.

"I'm good." Eunji mumbled, looking away.

"No, it's alright. Let's go-" He tried going again, but she stopped just like the first time.

"I'm not hungry." She smiled once again with an almost pleading expression, with the thought of not having any money with her in the back of her head.

Jungwon tilted his head, confused and slowly let go of her hand. "Alright then."

Before they could continue their talk any further, the lesson had already started, making the girl nod apologetic to him before hurriedly going to her seat.

That day she didn't even dare to go their own little spot, knowing that she was just going to end up losing her mind completely.
She felt unsure.
She was confused.

Her thoughts got twirled up completely and her heart raced faster than usually everytime she got even near the boy.
Was Eunji sick?
She didn't know.

And to be honest she didn't want to know.

After the school day finally came to an end, she could finally breathe after having to avoid Jungwon the whole day.

Of course a part of her felt guilty, but on the other hand she just told herself, that he had other friends to hang out with and how it shouldn't be a big matter if she stayed away from him for a while.

What she didn't know is, that she unexpectedly was more affected by not being able to talk to him than she thought she would be.

Eunji was a lot more gloomy and had no energy left in her body, making Ara notice her unusual behaviour.

"I messed up today's essay." Eunji would answer with a smile, completely lying when Ara would ask her about her well-being.

She knew it was wrong to push away people that she liked so much, but what can she do?

Her unstable mind was doing no one good and rather than affecting the people around her it was better to keep it herself.
At least that's what she always said to herself.

"I'm hungry." Eunji mumbled, putting her head on top of the desk in one of the empty classrooms in the school.
School had ended a long while ago and she decided to stay longer, because home was the last place she wanted to go to.

Her mother recently lost her job and at home the biggest breakdown took place, affecting Eunji's mentality more than normally.

She felt helpless and not only that, her feelings towards Jungwon confused her each day more and more.

"Ugh, this is driving me insane-" She ruffled her already messy hair, when a head popped inside the classroom door, giving her a whole heartattack.

Flinching so hard that her elbow hit the desk, she almost cursed, "Fuck, you scared me."

The culprit at the door dropped the big box he was holding before covering his eyes at the same time. She recognized him to be a familiar face.
It was Jake, a friend of Jungwon's and he just got as scared as Eunji herself.

"You scared me too!" Jake chuckled and took a few deep breaths, before grinning at the girl.

"How can I...help you?" Eunji hesitantly asked with a polite undertone, not sure how talk to him.

She always has been bad with interacting with people, especially strangers.
"I have to carry this box to the teacher's room, but I need to attend my part-time job in about 2 minutes so..." Jake started rambling on, his puppy eyes never once leaving Eunji's, "I was walking past this room by accident and wanted to ask if you can help me out? Just this time! I swear you-"

"Of course I can!" Eunji determined stood up and smiled, catching off guard the boy completely.

"Alright then...I will just-"

"Just leave the box on the ground and leave the rest to me." Eunji smiled and showed thumbs up, as the boy nodded at her happily.

__________________________________

"Damn, this box is heavy." Eunji mumbled exhausted, carrying the huge box up the stairs one by one.

Panting, she sighed in relief after reaching the top of the last set of stairs.
Her chest already started feeling heavy.
It was as if someone was sitting on top her, draining every little air that was stored in her body.

"Only one..left." Taking a deep breath again, she determinedly took two steps at once this time, hoping she could at least get through this hell faster, but she was wrong.
Right when she was about to reach the room where she was suppose to drop off the box, she stopped.

She was heavily panting trying to get air into her body, but it felt like she was going to suffocate by having to breath through a tiny straw.

Touching her pockets, she was trying to find her inhaler, but then it hit her, as she sat down flat onto the ground, trying to regain balance.

She had left her device in her backpack, which was still in the empty classroom from before.
"Darn it." Eunji mumbled tiredly, too out of breath to think or see clearly.
Closing her eyes, she tried to calm her mind down, but it didn't seem to work.

All she wanted was to be helpful for once.

"Eunji? Why the living god are you on the floor?"